cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC approval workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have questions about SC approval workflow that I hope someone can provide some information.

1. Can I set up an n-step approval workflow (let's say 5 steps) with different $ amount thresholds based on the cost center being charge? What I'm asking is that is the approval based on cost center OR $ amount or can it be both (cc AND $)

2. In case of a multiple-line SC, I want the approver to be determined by the line item with the highest $ armount. Can I do this in conjuction with #1 above?

3. Does the n-step approval look to my org plan to determine the approvers? If so, based on what criteria (i.e. head of org or some approver attribute)? Or it does not matter how I structure my org plan and the approvers are determined using some other logic in the workflow.

Points will definitely be rewarded for helpful answers.

Thank you,

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

Please find below answer for your questions

1. 1. Can I set up an n-step approval workflow (let's say 5 steps) with different $ amount thresholds based on the cost center being charge? What I'm asking is that is the approval based on cost center OR $ amount or can it be both (cc AND $)

ANS1: Yes you can do this provided you implement the

BADI :BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI.

SAP Provided a sample implementation for the same.

Your criteria can be based on item value & Cost Centre.

2) In case of a multiple-line SC, I want the approver to be determined by the line item with the highest $ armount. Can I do this in conjuction with #1 above?

Ans2 : Same Badi can be used for line item approval but work flow for item based approval will be WS14500015 so you have to configure Start condition for this workflow in transaction SWB_COND. Your criteria can be item based, Cost centre based.

3) 3. Does the n-step approval look to my org plan to determine the approvers? If so, based on what criteria (i.e. head of org or some approver attribute)? Or it does not matter how I structure my org plan and the approvers are determined using some other logic in the workflow

Ans3: No approval agents will not be determined based on Org.Plan as in case of standard workflow but as you are having flexibility in BADI to determine the approvers.

I hope this will clarify your doubts. Do not forget to award points.

Cheers,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Atul, for the helpful responses.

#2 - line item approval...you're saying the standard approval workflow is WS14500015. But if I was going to use the BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI for #1, can it be easily configured to do line item approval as well? Or is it going to complicate things further?

#3 - approvers...to make sure I understand this correctly, this BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI gives me the flexibility to determine the approvers regardless of who or where the approvers are in the org structure? They don't have to be designated as head of org or assigned approver role in order to approve the SC?

I'm new to SRM and this is one area that I'm still trying to understand. I was under the impression that how you set up your org structure can restrict who can see and approve shopping carts depending on where they are in the org structure.

Thanks.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

Thanx for the reward points awarded.

Workflow WS14500015 is meant for Line item approval using BADI.

You can create your own Z table & store your approvers in this z table which you can read in the BADI.

This particular work flow uses business object BUS4101 to get the approvers.

so there is no need that they should be Head of organisation but ofcourse they should be assigned to organisation structure & should have valid business partners.

Thanks

Regards,

Atulp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

I'm going to throw another challenge at you. We want to set up something called active/passive approval.

Let's say my approval is as such:

Level 1: $1 > SC < $5K - Manager

Level 2: $5K < SC < $10K - Director

Level 3: $10K < SC < $100K - Executive

If the SC is within level 1, it goes to the Manager as an active approver. If the SC is within level 3, the business wants the Executive to approve the SC, but also want the Manager & the Director to be aware/notified of the SC even though they are not actively approving the SC (thus, passive approval). Is that possible to do with the BADI you suggested?

Kind regards,

SN