cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bundling of idocs using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using BPM to bundle the idocs and send them in file format to target system.............. here we can think of 3 different options on which we can bundle

1. Payload based

2. Message based

3. Time based.

Could you plz confirm me if we can achieve all these 3 options even without BPM in the application system ?? If we can achieve this in the applicaiton system itself ........are there any situations in which we are foced to use BPM for this particular scenario (Bundling of idocs)

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

You can collect them without BPM also. Check this weblog for this:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Also please see the comments section also.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

The weblog that you suggested can only handle bundling of idocs based on payload. How abt the cases of bundling of idocs based on time and message types ?? How to handle these scenarios without BPM ??

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

If you see the comments section that is the same question I have asked stefan. If you can shcedule the progarm then your issue should be solved.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

You can bundle idocs without BPM...but there are limitations.

BPM allows you to bundle base ion Payload / Message Load and Time Base..

But if you try to bundle at Application level you can bundle them base on Message Type / Processing time...but you get better control using BPM.

Now depending on the scnerio /condition requirement you have to select solution.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh!

Appreciate your reply ! You said that with BPM you will have better control. Could you plz tell me what is that control BPM has ?? Could you plz give me example for bundling scenario where BPM can only handle this ??

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Very simple example which I had faced....

If you bundle idocs are application level..i.e. by setting XML port to collect idocs you will have multiple Control records i.e. control record for every idoc where as if you bundle them using BPM you can have only one control record. ( which we need most of the time while bundling idocs.)

Also in BPM you can set correlation on payload data. You can have multiple condition here...but at application level you do not get that control. Basically I think you get a control over Payload in BPM and you can play as you want.

Again even at application level if you try to bundle large number of idocs it will give you memory dump ( in sap)..

But bundling idocs at application level is faster process than BPM.

Nilesh