cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

splitting of messages using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose we have a source Data structure with 3 nodes: Customer details, Site details and MPRN Details. Now I want to split the data into 3 data structures

( Customer Details, Site details and MPRN Details) and want to send them to 3 individual systems. Basically I am using BPM to do this. But I heared that even we can implement this scenario without BPM. Could you plz confirm me whether it is possible to do this scenario without BPM ?? If so and if you have any blogs or links known plz do send me the same.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>Suppose we have a source Data structure

i assume you have only one file on sender side and you are splitting that into 3 receiver files,in that case you have a 1:3 message mapping which can be handled without BPM as long as you dont have IDOC's or HTTP on receiver side.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Thanx

Aamir

Message was edited by:

Aamir Suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Could you plz tell me what may be the problem if you have IDOC or HTTP on the receiver side ??

thanks

kumar

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

The problem is Multimapping is not supported by IDOC/HTTP Adapter.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj !

On the sender side if you are using IDOC or HTTP then we can think of..........as we won't use c.c or sender agreement. But in receiver side as other adapters ......for HTTP and IDOC also we use cc and receiver agreement. So could you plz tell me why they won't support ??

Thanks

Kumar

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Really its good question. I also have a doubt. We are always saying that IDOC/HTTP adapter lies in ABAP stack so we are not using any adapters . Let me ask why we are using receiver adapter, at that time also IDOC/HTTP adapter lies in ABAP stack only right? My question might sound like stupid, but since u raised the question it suddenly came into my mind.

Can u tell me the reason?

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj !

Probably IDOC and HTTP adapters on the receiver side may not be doing anything like normally other adapters do. As We have R.D, I.D's and Receiver Agreements are to be defined on the receiver side and they need CC for this. And ultimately CC has the parameter of "adapter" to fill-in. So probably for this reason we are going to use IDOC and HTTP adapters on the receiver side....may be just for uniformity !

This is just my fictitious idea. Plz let me know if you have validated with any experts.

Thanks

Kumar

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About Multi-mapping:

After the split using multi-mapping, the generated messages are sent using Adapter Engine. Thats why only those adapters could be supported which resides on adapter engine. Therefore, IDOC/HTTP adapters at inbound side is not supported

About the sender and receiver agreements:

The choice of sender agreement depends upon which information from the adapter configuration in the sender channel is required for successful inbound processing.

It is not obligatory for all adapters.

Receiver agreement is always required bcoz it is the responsiblity of the receiver channel to transform the XI compatible message to receiver compatible message.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

refer the thread : , go to page 3. Look for my reply and see whether its applicable for u .

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Abs. it is possible.

Just create 3 different Interface mapping for 3 diff. output structure and used them in configuration while interface determination( Condition Base).

This is much easier than creating BPM.

Let me know if you need more details.

Nilesh