Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove tcode from PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted the tcode from Menu tab, saved the change. Went to Authorization tab>Change Authorization Data> S_TCODE. The tcode still listed under it.

I tried again by adding tcode in the Menu and generate the role thru PFCG. I went back again and deleted the tcode from menu, went to Authorization > tabAuthorization tab>Change Authorization Data--> S_TCODE. The tcode still listed under it.

Can anyone please help me to resolve this ?

Thank you

Madhu

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

When you delete a tcode from the menu automatically it happens the same in the TCD field for authorization object S_TCODE, inside the Authorization tab. You only must regenerate the role.

If for some reason (not frequently) this does not work, you must clear that tcode from the field and regenerate the role.

Regards, Leandro

Message was edited by:

Leandro Martin Bruzzoni

Message was edited by:

Leandro Martin Bruzzoni

Message was edited by:

Leandro Martin Bruzzoni

0 Kudos

Thanks Leanardo for the reply.

Leanardo..when you say: "you must clear that tcode from the field and regenerate the role.", can you please elaborate what do you mean by "clear that tcode from the field " ?

Regards

Madhu

0 Kudos

If you delete the transaction from the menu tab, inside Authorization tab you go to "Expert Mode for Profile Generation" and select "Read old status and merge with new data" option. In the field TCD the transaction must not exist anymore. Make sure that the transaction code doesn't exist in the menu before regenerate the role.

Forget me for the another choice, first this field is locked for manueal changes and it is not recommend for security reasons.

See ya, Leandro

Message was edited by:

Leandro Martin Bruzzoni

0 Kudos

I found the following:

If a particular tcode has been called by another transaction then even if you delete that tcode from Menu tab it would still show up under S_TCODE.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

When you say the tcode is under S_TCODE in Authorization Data do you see 2 instances of S_TCODE?

As it is possible that someone has previously 'Manually' added the object S_TCODE and manually written the transaction into that object instance, therefore when you delete from the menu it only deletes the S_TCODE entry it knows about, not any manual entries.

Try removing the tcode from the menu, open change authorization data and try delete the tcode from S_TCODE.

Generate and all should be well.

Regards

Ashley