cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically naming files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a File to File scenario, where at a given time 10 inputs from different users come together, which have to be processed through XI. The problem with File adapter is that you have to give the specific name of the file to be picked. The input files for me are something like this vendor1.txt, vendor2.txt and so on. Is there a possibility through which i will be able to give the file name dynamically. i.e. I should be able to write a small java code directing XI that the file it has to pick up will be of the format vendor(Number).txt

However I have seen blogs where the input file is picked up and the output file is named different. I want the reverse case to be executed. Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

You can specify your file name as vendor. or vendor*.txt.

adapter will pickup all files which having vendor as a prefix. You do not need to write a java code for this.

Let me know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never realised it to be so easy...well i will try it outnow and get back to u guys!!! thanks for the info !!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

in addition to what Raj said,if you are not sure about the file names,you can simply give the file name as . in the sender file adapter and it will pick up all the files in sender directory

Thanx

Aamir suhail

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kartik,

Did u tried with option vendor. ?

Best regards,

raj.