Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virsa Compliance Calibrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have Virsa CC 5.2 installed. We are currently trying to run jobs within User/Role/Profile Synchronization and Batch Risk Analysis tool.

When running the Management Reports (for the 3rd time) the program crashes 2-3 days into running, with a message that there are too many open files. has anyone else come accross this before? We have an OSS note open but trying to get more information.

Also looking for some time frames on running reports for the first time in CC. We have 1100 users and 2100 Roles and 26000 rules in this test system can anyone tell me how long it took you to run the first reports for User/Role?Profile Syncs?

Thank You

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

A couple ideas: If you are on Oracle, there is an OSS note to correct an index which should vastly improve the preformance time of the background jobs. Also, I would not bother running the management report job in a test or DEV system and I would not bother running the batch risk analysis in DEV also because there are typically roles with alot of access (i.e. SAP_ALL or SAP_"almost"_ALL and the system will take a long time churning through all the authorizations contained in these roles). Try running the role sync first since you want to check SODs at the role level first. Once you are ready to check SODs at the user level, then sync up the users, but again, only do the users that will be in production to get a true result. These sync jobs should be very quick. Once you are in a good production environment, then run the batch risk analysis jobs and monitor them because these will take some time to complete. Lastly, run the management report job and the results should populate the graphs. You have alot of roles to your user base, all these authorizations need to be checked so I guess your jobs will run awhile, I would definately split them up. To give you a frame of reference, I just completed an implementation with approx 1100 users and I created approx 300 roles, my CC jobs (after the Oracle fix) ran in minutes. Hope this helps.