cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIX compatability...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are copying a system from one hardware platform to another (i.e. from IBM p570 to p595) but want to make use of AIX 5.3 rather than continue with the current AIX 5.2.

I've been searching through the SAP Marketplace for answers but I can't find any definitive statements about compatability between the various components.

DB = Oracle 9.2.0.8

OS = AIX 5.3

SAP System Component = ECC 5.0

Basis = 640 (SP 14)

Anybody know where I can find definitive statements for this setup? I do assume it will work but assumptions is the mother of disaster so I need to have something more.

OSS Note 407314 does seem to suggest that its possible with the advisory "Please consult installation/upgrade notes in any case! Minimal requirements include Apar IY65454 and Apar IY63076." but finding the appropriate install/upgrade notes is frustrating me! Been at this a few Days now.

Anybody used/using this sort of setup? What are the AIX details (e.g. ML's, etc.)

Any/all answers/comments/URL's/etc much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member299080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello my friend!

I suggest you to take a look at Product Availability Matrix: http://service.sap.com/pam/ . You will find useful information there.

I hope it helps you.

All the best,

Marco Monteiro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks for your prompt reply Marco.

I have been through the PAM pages previously but after your prompt I went back through them again. Nothing definite in there although possibly the comments I state below will provide more information.

I think my problem statement now is more refined after receiving feedback from some of my colleagues. We have systems running AIX 5.3 + NW 04 + Oracle 9.2.

So, my problem is more of the difference between NW 04 and ECC 5.0. Some fundemental knowledge missing from my education/experience here I think which I'll try to address quickly.

(I have left you points for your answer I hope; new to this process)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colin,

NW04 is the platform on which ECC 5.0 runs. NW04 and Basis 6.40 are one and the same thing, so you will not have any problems with your OS/SAP combination, providing you install all the required OS patches.

Cheers, Barry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barry,

Thats the answer I was hoping to get. I'm very confused by all the component split (if that was what it was) or just the idea of having the Basis layer and the App layer split into different names, etc.

I believe you have answered my question although I'll continue to try to get a better understanding of this area.

Much obliged to you for the answer and prompt reply.

Answers (0)