cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL launching WebDynpro - always launches Web GUI!?

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying all day to get Universal Worklist to launch a task as a WebDynpro app rather than the default WebGUI. I have followed all the docs and help given here, and I'm just trying to launch a simple "Hello World" WDP app at first to prove the concept. I have registered the work item types in UWL config, and edited the entry for the task type I am interested in. I have cleared the cache, rebooted J2EE, everything - but no luck. I am running NW04 SP12.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Darren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just refer this nice documentation. Dont know if you have seen it already. But you just have to follow the documentation in the link given below and you will have your application up and running.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/66/f8d29fcdff400b86cc51c1fba459c1/frameset.htm

In this link just search for SAPWebDynproLauncher. You have all the things that you need to do in order to launch a Webdynpro.

<b>Note : Everything is associated with a Task TS<9000005>. You could have lot of workitems under a particular task.

So in the XML

If under TASK TS900005 you have mentioned launch type as WebDynpro then all workitems under this task will launch WebDynpro app that you mentioned.

But if some workitem is under task TS900006 and you try to expect WebDynpro app to launch, it will not as you have not specified so in the XML file.</b>

I guess this is your problem incase u have all information from the documents of UWL.

regards

ravi

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks! That's probably the only page I hadn't read.

It turns out that Execution mode = Pessimistic solved my problem. The Optimistic mode had read the original item type, and decided that it would launch as WebGUI for ever more, in spite of reboots, cache settings and uploads of UWL config files - that's a bit too optimistic in my opinion...

Cheers,

Darren

Answers (0)