cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII scope

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

How better a developer as an xMII consultant will be paid from his ABAP counterpart??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would think the salary would have a direct correlation to how good a developer is in each of the two fields.

Also, your negotiation skills would come into play a good amount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply Pene, But if two developers(ABAP and xMII) with same competency in their respective fields are their, then who will be better paid.

As I'm thinking of changing my field from ABAP to xMII, so your suggestion will greatly be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Husain,

I'm not really sure anyone can answer this question beside a HR person from the respective company you are going for. I doubt anyone would like to reveal the range of money they are making. I'm not being rude or any of the sort...it's just a question that people would most likely not want to answer on a public forum.

Also, speaking generally, it all depends on which skills are in demand the most, etc. Also i'm sure your pay would be proportional to your skill lever with xMII if you are just looking to switch over to it.

It would take more than a month or two for you to gain the expertise to market yourself as an xMII professional.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And the month or two Alin mentioned is not simply learning on your own, or attempting to teach yourself through SDN forum posts asking about the iChart, iGrid, etc.

I would highly recommend attending some formal training courses to lay a proper foundation in the terminology and capability of xMII in an instructor led capacity.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your interest is in only $, then stay where you are, not necessarily because you'll be paid more, but you are looking to change for the wrong reasons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

$ is not my prime interest . I just want to know about it. Cause while taking this decision, people are giving me inputs viz.... its a middleware ....... u will not be paid much ......I am just one year old in ABAP and they are telling me if I continue with ABAp...it will be more fruitful...... I just wanted to get those things clarified.

Anyways......thanks a lot folks for your time and useful inputs.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my experience, the more you know the more you may be "worth" in general. I have often gotten positions due to minor exposure to technologies that weren't the main focus of the project. This may or may not mean more money, but it can only help you secure employment whatever the compensation.

xMII is a good area to get proficient in because it can cover so many technical disciplines. But it may also be harder because of that. It is way more than simple middleware.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can do both xMII and ABAP, which is why I am able to post from my yacht in the Mediterranean. I'ts 300 feet long and I named it the xExplorer....

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now that sounds like a useful off-shore endeavor!

Former Member
0 Kudos

clear communication always helps