cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

When we maintained the material determination(TCODE: VB11). In material determination, Material entered: test123 is NOT the material master data, but Substitute material: 00000123-98 is the material master data.

When we create the sales order, and input Material entered: test123 in line item material field, system will occurs error message: "Material test123 is not defined for sales org.1000, distr.chan.10, language DE".

Do you have any suggestion for it?

Guoyu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Extend the material to the new sales organization, Distribution channel in the T.code: MM01.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AK,

We can input the not material master data: test123 in material entered field of material determination, but in sales order creation, error message occurs, so we have to create test123 in material master data? No other configuration to let test123 as dummy, and can be input into sales order line item?

Thank you.

Guoyu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guoyu,

Material determination uses typical condition technique.

No need to maintain master data for "MATWA material entered", system picks up substitutions by this key without having to find a master record.

First, make sure "test123" is only a description without a material record maintained, otherwise, system picks up this MMR and performs checks.

Not knowing how your condition table for material determination is constructed. In standard R/3 A001, "material entered" is not restricted by sales area. During order processing, system only checks the substitutions you maintained (if "material entered" is only a dummy)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guoyu!

The system is not delivered initially with the necessary configurations for enabling material determination. In order to make possible an automatic substitution when you create e.g. a sales order, the following configuration settings must be performed in SPRO:

1. <i>Maintain Prerequisites for Material Determination -> Maintain access sequences</i> should have the following value in the list: “A001 Material entered”

2. In the submenu <i>Access sequences -> Accesses</i> we should have the following values: “Access 10, table 1, description Material entered”

3. For the values above, the following fields must be defined: “Condition MATWA, Document structure KOMPD, Document field MATWA, Long field label Material entered”

4. In the menu <i>Assign procedures to sales documents types</i> the concerned document types (orders and quotations) must be assigned the material determination procedure A001.

5. And finally, in <i>Define substitution reason</i>, the corresponding substitution reasons must be activated.

Please follow these steps and you will get an automatic material substitution, even if the material entered is not in the database. The only material that has to be in the database is the substitution material.

Please reward me if you found my instructions to be helpful.

Best regards //Georg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a substitution reason in OVRQ.This substition should have config done for obsolete materials.leave the strategy and outcome empty.put a tick in the warning.

Now maintain the record you have mentioned below.

you can go thro with out any issue.

regards

Sanju

reward if helps

Message was edited by:

sanju joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

CHECK THE MATERIAL MASTER ORGANIZATIONAL DATA AS WELL CHECK THE LANGUAGE SETTINGS IN MATERIAL MASTER i.e in Additional data enter the language.

Message was edited by:

SHESAGIRI.G