Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta update of master data and transaction data in external BW

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have two scenarios in APO DP with external BW:

1. I am loading master data and transaction data from R/3 to APO using in between external BW. Meaning data is coming from BW to APO. My objective is to one time load the master data and transaction data and then onwards load it on delta mode.

2. Similarly planning results I am transferring from BW to APO. Again here I would like to use delta load functionality.

Has anyone tried this and used this scenario?

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Yes I used exactly the same scenario.

We have 2 months in productive enviroment and it is working well.

We have this scenario, first BW load master data and transactional data from MM, SD, and so. Then we load this data from BW infocubes to BW-APO infocubes with delta mode.

Finally we run demand planning processes and extract planning area information and load it in an BW-APO infocube, this data is then loading to a BW infocube for reporting.

I don't know exactly what you want to know, but if you only want to know if this approach works, I can tell you that yes, it is working for us.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marín,

I am interested to know what kind of settings required for delta upload on APO side.

Is it at info package level?

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is, first you need to create your delta initialization and then you can use delta updates for future loads.

Regards.

Marín.

Answers (0)