cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Table in ScrollContainer with ValueSet

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a table with many rows. Because of this we have placed the table inside a ScrollContainer with vertical scrolling. This works fine.

Three of the cell values have ValueSets assigned to them. These popup the correct corresponding picklist. The problem is WHERE they poopup. If I have the table scrolled to the right to view one of the editable table cells, the picklist popup appears offset to the right the same distance as my scroll bar. It appears that the position of the popup is being generated based on the non-scrolled position of the component.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Placing the table inside a scroll container is only a workaround for the integrated table scrollbar (available since NW 7.1). This might explain the issue. Nevertheless, you could open an OSS message on BC-WD-CLT-HTML.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I should be using the built in table scrolling functionality instead? Are there any tutorials on this available on the SDN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nothing to do from the application side. In NW 7.1 the paginators have just been replaced by a real scrollbar.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the table in version 7.1 let me scroll lock columns?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it does. I think this is already available in NW04s.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running 04s SP 9 and as far as I know there is no way to lock columns from scrolling, of course the table doesn't scroll at all unless it's in a scroll container.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at property "firstVisibleScrollableCol". Is it available in your version?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but because I can't put the Table in a scrollcontainer becuase the valueset popups show in the wrong place, it doesn't help as I have to rely on the scroll bars in the browser. This defeats my ability to meet customer requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify, the customer has a table that is 20+ columns wide. Every cell is an input field with a valueset. The customer wants to be able to scroll the table right, leaving the first three columns visible.

I was displaying two tables, with the first table showing the first three columns, then the second table was right next to it, in a scrollcontainer. The worked EXCEPT when I scroll right then click for a value set, the value set help popup shows itself too far to the right, in the location where the column was originally before scrolling.

I'm running 7.09 and cannot upgrade to 7.1 at this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if you use the table as is, without placing it inside a scroll container, you can have fixed columns and the value help will show at the right place. The only drawback is that you don't have scrollbars but paginators in <=NW 7.0, but this will automatically change with NW 7.1. Thus I propose to go that way.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll get left/right paginators?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you help me to setup an example view to demonstrate this behaviour? I'm having difficulty getting this table behaviour to function. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it. Thanks.

Answers (0)