cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

urgent: DC from one Track to another Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Guide me how to use a DC which is declared as Public Part in Track B and i want to use that DC in another Track let it be Track A.. I don't find that DC, when i make a right click on "Used WebDynpro components". Tell me how to access DC from one track to another track.

As far my scenario, i should fire a plug from DC from Track A to DC in Track B.

Regards / Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, you should first connect the two tracks, as described <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/7d/ad92c1a0ec46d7b2b963295cb75da8/frameset.htm">here</a>

, then to import the DC in the new track.

Regards, Jordan

Message was edited by:

Jordan Stanchev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your immediate response...

Can we have usage dependencies between different tracks lying in different servers...

Regards / Guru

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

well, if the DCs are correctly imported into the two different tracks there should not be problems with the defined dependencies. (this is for the SCs and the DCs).

as for the track "dependencies" - you define that they are connected with the procedure given in my previous reply. so there should not be problems with their dependencies.

did you manage to connect the two track in CMS? and to define the type of relation between them sucessfully?

Regards, Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now my problem is, the tracks are lying in the different server not in the same server... in this case, can i make dependencies from one server to another.

Note: I have one track in 2004 server and the other track in the 2004s server... Now can i make track connections between this two servers....

Regards / Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not possible to connect two tracks in two different NWDI systems. You will have to check-in and import the assembled SCA manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jordan,

I am also having similar situation where I want to copy the DCs from one TRACK to another TRACK. I have created Track connection, but then as an administrator of CMS how do I import the DCs from old TRACK to new TRACK?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Follow the steps below according to your requirement.

1.Choose “TRACK A” track in CMS (Source Track)

2.Click on “Landscape configurator”

3.Add the DC of “TRACK B” into “Required Software Components” (Target Track)

4.Click on “Back” and Save the track “TRACK A”

5.Click on “Transport Studio”

6.Import each SC (there should be 4 listed. 3 from sap.com and 1 from track “TRACK B”) one at a time. First import sap.com and then the SC .

7.Update “CMS Button”

8.Finally, click “Synchronize SC Dependencies”

Do the above settings in DTR and then navigate to NWDS and synchronize your Software Components.

<b>Note:</b>

If you don’t find the Changes then re-import the track, the changes will reflect in NWDS.

Regards / Kumara Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must Assemble and Approve the Software Component. After Approval, it should show up in the import queue of the development stage of the target track.

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

the steps are decirbed <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ab/6760b8d7b64b6eb74052eb5bdf1405/frameset.htm">here</a> in this tutorial.

I hope that helps.

Regards, Jordan

Answers (0)