cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ABAP Editor won't load

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently read about the new editor and noticed it has some features that I find pretty useful in an environment. I installed the updates, but for some reason, it just wont display the new version.

I went to: ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/win/640/patches/

Downloaded: gui640_26-10001615.exe and setup640_23-10001615.exe

Then I installed both files. Setup completed successfully both times.

I went to the ABAP Editor (SE-38) to see my new editor. No luck.

I then read in a PDF https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9592e3f1-0a01-0010-6fb5-9ae... that one should go into the settings and select the "Front-End Editor (New)" option. But such an option is not available.

I even ran the setup files again, and they verify the fact that the installed patch levels and the setup patch levels are the same (and as a result, prompt me to 'Finish').

Still no new editor.

Am I missing something here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

could it be that you're still on 4.7 (or lower)? The new ABAP-Editor needs a SAP system >= 6.20

Check note 891549 (FAQ of the new ABAP editor as part of SAP GUI 6.40).

Peter

--

Points always appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

I threw in a test program with the following statement:

WRITE SY-SAPRL.

It returns '640'. I assume that is the server version. But then again I'm new to the whole SAP/ABAP environment, and I could be wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

the mentioned FaQ states: <i>For systems older than NetWeaver 2004s you have to apply note 930742.</i>

So ask your basis people...

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter, thanks for your responses. You'll have to excuse my ignorance but, where do I find that FAQ?

I've searched through the SDN multiple times, but the FAQs I have found do not contain information pertaining my problem, notes, etc.

Thanks for your help,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto

service.sap.com/notes

and enter the mentioned note number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Robert,

you'll find notes at the SAP service Marketplace (SMP) which requires login via a so called S-number. Check thread.

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for hanging in there with me, mate.

I'll be writing the Basis guys today. Wanted to get a bit more info before I threw in the email but I dont have the login to get into the marketplace. Lets hope the dont reject my request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rehi,

I don't see why they should reject your request. You'll need access to SMP if you're developing for your SAP system as you will frequently search for notes...

Btw. there's a second way to get a s-number: Become a SAP certified Professional (any flavor you want) and you get your own one )

Peter