cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager-Search help limitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am using SOl Man 4.0 , service pack level SP12.

I have maintained hundred document types in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN for my project.

Now i want to extract a report through transaction SOLAR_EVAL, based on document type. In SOLAR_EVAL, under "Document type" field if i press F4, system is only listing first 79 document types only. It is not listing remaining 21 document types in search help. How to extend this search help from 79 to 500?

Expecting your valuable reply

Regards

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

just curious, how did you come up with 100 different document types?

I can't imagine why it would only show 79, but here is a work around that will take some time to setup but will save time in the long run.

Go to your configuration and get the 100 document type abbreviations.

Then go to the report filter screen and enter the document type abbreviation in the document type field. Now save this as a variant (Goto > Variant > Save as Variant). Now you won't have to remember the abbreviation, but rather a descriptive variant name.

This will also allow you to save reports that combine two or more document types, such as a report that lists FDS & TDS together.

To load the variant you click Goto > Variants > Get and select the one you want.

If you want to speed it up even more, assign the variant to a transaction and you'll get your reports in one click. Let me know if you need the directions for this.

Hope this is a good enough work around.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

To get into the report filter screen, which transaction code should i use?

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I'm assuming you are using one of the documentation reports, but whatever report you are running will have a filter screen at the beginning. It is the screen where you are selecting what the report should include. If you run any of the SOLAR_EVAL reports you'll see these fields on the first screen that is displayed (before you click the execute button).

You can also get to them from SOLAR01 or SOLAR02 under the menu Environment > Project Analysis > [numerous reports]

Hope this makes sense.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janson,

If i create a variant for 100 document types & assign that variant to transaction, it will be permanent. I will get a report only for those 100 document types.

In future, if i create another document type, that document type also has to be included in that variant. then only i can get a report. So like that, when i create a new document type, the same has to be included in that variant also.

Is it so?

In stead of that, Why can not we increase the searcg limitation to 500?

regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I'd still love to know how you came up with 100 document types.

If you find a need for a 101st document type, yes you could create the variant quite easily. You can also modify variants whenever you want.

As for increasing the number of results, I have no idea. I've never seen a way to modify this. Hope you find an answer to that.

My suggestion was merely a work around to your problem.

regards,

Jason

Answers (0)