cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc - IDoc Mapping issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am again posting this thread in more ellaborated way since I did not got the solution...please give me the solution if any one knows...

I have one scenario as below:

Sender system: Will have MATMAS05 IDoc structure.

Receiver Systems: There will be say 4 R/3 receiver systems.

The IDoc segments should be distributed to some (all R/3 Receiver system)

i.e Based on plant and Logical system some segments of the IDoc MATMAS04 from sndr system should move to particular receiver R/3 system and like wise some other segments to another Rcvr R/3 System and so on.

Could you please help me in this regard how to start with this..

Is BPM required for this scenario..?

If so then is BPM able to call the Table name which resides in the ABAP stack..?

then how to proceed for this ..?

Eagerly waiting for you valuable solutions/approach

The Source structure MATMAS04.

I think we need target structure :Many MATMAS04 IDocs is required because some segments of the IDoc MATMAS04 from source system should move to particular receiver R/3 system and like wise some other segments to another Rcvr R/3 System and so on.

Can I go for Duplication subtree in the target or shall I have to go to message tab in the mapping editor andf enter the IDoc of required numbers...? so that I can have multiple say 4 IDoc structure( if receiver is four).

Please tell me how to distribute the source IDoc particular segment to particula receiver based on plant num and logical system details in ABAP stack.

If I map the control record EDIDC_40- RCVPOR of the target structure to the receiver (in the Constant standard function) will it work..?

Points will be awarded...

regards

Sampada

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sampada,

You do not need BPM in this case. You can just create different mapping for each receiver system with different segment.

and in configuration you can specify which mapping rule to be used for each receiver. This way it would be much faster. This is very easy.!!

Again you do not need BPM for this....

Let me know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

nilesh,

Y do u need mapping rule when we decided to ahve separate I/B interface for each receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because she need to pass on different segment data base on receiver. It is not same data which she wants to distribute to all reciever.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

This scenario should be done having only one message mapping .Hence there will be one IDoc stru in the source and many IDocs in the trgt.

Regards

Sampada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The better approach is that we can have IDoc filters thr ALE in the sender system than to have the same in XI.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

<i>If I map the control record EDIDC_40- RCVPOR of the target structure to the receiver (in the Constant standard function) will it work..?</i>

This blog will help you

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/01/xi-idoc-adapter--edidc40--demystified

Regards,

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could do it by having 4 different Mappings of MATMAS. So one mapping for each scenario then in the Receiver Determination you put the relevant conditions on when the receiver should send this message. Then in the Interface mapping you simply select the relevant mapping...

Let me know if this helps or you want more description.... But as far as I can see you really dont need BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay Sri,

i think the simplest (not necessery the easiest) way would be to use BPM and create 4 diffrent outbound IDOCs each build for a spcific reciever and send them.

don't see why you need to call a table that reside in the ABAp stack but you can if you want to.

Have a Good One,

Uri Lifshitz.