cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on some Integration Scenarios which do not require the application of BPEL engine. I feel that if we can switch off or disable the BPEL engine, the load on the server will be reduced. Is it possible to do so?? I mean can you switch off the BPM process if not required? and switch on when required? Does XI have this option?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kartik,

You can stop/start the BPE. But note if you do that none of the process will execute.

T-Code = SWF_XI_ADM_BPE

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

Thanks a lot!!! I got the right answer.

But there is one doubt. Now if all my scenarios do not use BPM, then I guess I can turn off the BPM and continue working. Am i right?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah,

if you are not using it, you can turn it off without worries.

It is available from XI 3.0 SP17/PI 7.0 SP8.

Thats a good case for performance analysis.

Could you do some kind of benchmark before and after you have deactivated BPE?

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

Ya that is the idea. We are planning to do some performance monitoring with and without BPM to see how the load varies and how XI behaves to these changes.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After the tests, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

Yeah you sure can . But i guess you wont see too much of performance improvement.

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay Kartik,

The BPM is not called if your interface is not using any BPM functionality.so there is no need to "turn it off".

ti sound from your post that yuo need to do some system tunnig so that you interfaces will run fster, good luck

Have a Good One,

Uri Lifshitz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uri Lifshitz,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Similarly can you tell me something about the monitoring also. What if I dont want few of the types of monitorings? Say i dont want component monitoring, where as I want message monitoring. Can I disable only component monitoring??

Unlike BPM, here as and when messages get transferred from the source to target, monitoring happens. I would like to restrict my monitoring so that I can reduce the load. Does XI provide this option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay Kartik,

I'm pretty sure you can disable the component monitoring (but I haven't tried). it says in the manual that "You have started the Runtime Workbench from the SAP Exchange Infrastructure start page. Component Monitoring is activated as the default on the initial screen." so if it's turned on by default then you should be able to turn it off.

but if we talek about performance banchmarking you should also disable the CCMS monitoring and maybe cut a few pipline element from the pipeline.

I'd lov to hear how your experiment went to help out, feel free to contact me at Uri(at)xact.co.il .

uri Lifshitz.