cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding a standard Tab - cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone provide a quick solution on how to hide a tab in cprojects.

The intention is to hide the documents tab,

kind regds

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_huber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

in cProjects 4.0 every user can hide the fields and tabs without any programming: Just click -> Right mouse button on the field you want to hide -> Settings -> Hide input field.

You can also do this globally in Admin mode: Just add <i>&sap-config-mode=X</i> to your cProjects Link -> Right mouse button on the field you want to hide -> Settings -> Visibility: Invisible.

Please reward point if answer is useful.

Best regards, Daniel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Can you provide more information on the Admin role acess - I am able to

deactivate the tab using the backend img customization. but there are some fields to be hidden globally. I can currently hide it for only my user.Can you provide me the navigation info to the admin role ?

regds

vishal

daniel_huber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

the admin mode can be accessed by adding <i>&sap-config-mode=X</i> to your cProjects URL. cProjects looks completely as usual but you have more functionalities on the right mouse button -> Settings (like renaming of labels...).You can find detailed information on this in the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/fd/2da442dc030e31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">help</a>

Cross-Client Customization

While a single user – during a personalization process – can manipulate his or her own settings, an administrator has the option of executing customizing settings for a larger range of users. Technically, this procedure is not different from personalization; both take place at runtime of an application. The difference lies in the range of the settings. In addition, an application for group settings must run in a special administration session. This is always automatically the case if an application was started in the portal in the preview session. Independently of the portal, you can start an application in the following manner from within the workbench in administration mode:

- Double-click the name of the application in the object list.

- In the menu Web Dynpro Applications in the upper, left-hand corner of the Workbench window, choose the entry Test -> Execute in Admin.Mode

The configuration mode is passed to an application as the URL Parameter sap-config-mode=X.

All the adjustments made by the administrator in the admin mode are stored as client-specific. Presently no option is available for structuring smaller user groups on an administrative basis. Since cross-client adjustment takes effect for the respective configuration variant, structuring of smaller groups can be implemented currently through the maintenance of different configuration variants.

For personalizing an individual user, a context menu opens when the relevant element is right-clicked. In the corresponding context menu of an administrator (with the URL parameter sap-config-mode=X), you can access a dialog box for changing the settings of user groups.

An administrator can sort either individual rows (gridLayout, MatrixLayout, and RowLayout) or individual elements (FlowLayout) within a UI element container.

An administrator requires a special authorization for client-wide modifications. This can be a developer authorization or the special authorization S_WDR_P13N. You cannot create configurations at design time with this authorization, but you can make modifications at runtime.

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Daniel,

If I try to hide a tab at a particular project element (for example checklist item) that tab gets hidden throughout the entire project structure. I use the right mouse button for hiding the tab. Is there any way we can hide a tab at a particular project element level alone.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You could uncheck "documents" option under IMG for "project types". However, you can only do this if you are not using "collaboration". This holds true for cProjects 3.1. Not too sure if the same applies for 4.0.

Cheers,

Lashan

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

The first question is, which release do you have. cProject 3.1 or 4.0.

If you have cProject 4.0, it is easy to have it done using the badi

dpr_detail_tabl_ctrl

Example Codes, are avaible in example implementation:

DATA:

lv_object_type TYPE cgpl_object_type,

lr_common TYPE REF TO if_dpr_common.

lr_common ?= cs_property-node.

lv_object_type = lr_common->get_object_type( ).

• Sets a detail tab Private (invisible) or Changeable (visible)

• Do not use Mandatory or ReadOnly

• Example: Set Document Tab invisible (Private) for Project

CASE cs_property-association.

WHEN cl_dpr_api_co=>sc_association_documents.

CASE lv_object_type.

WHEN cl_dpr_co=>sc_ot_project.

cs_property-property = cl_dpr_fc_property=>sc_private. "Private: No document tab

If you have cProject 3.1, then the (BSP) page has to be modified.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You would have to go for a BSP development.

Kindly let me know if this helps.