cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2e Installation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am developing MI AWT application. I have installed MI AWT Client on my desktop PC. MI Client version installed on my system is MI 70 SP 9 Patch 0. Till now I have been working on File I/O. It was working fine. Now I want to use DB2e instead of file I/O. I have downloaded DB2e SDK Evaluation version. Extracted db2eV822.zip and made SDA out of it, deployed it on MI Server and given it as first ADDON to be downloaded in Desktop MI Client. When I synchronizes, DB2e installation start button is shown. When I press on "Start" button, installation fails. Following is the error message: "installation failed:Version check for application 'MOBILEENGINE_JSP' failed ; 'null' (installed version) greater_equal '2509' returned false (used prefixmatch)".

Can anyone help me out of this problem? How can i now install this evaluation version of DB2e so that i can continue my development?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

Within the DB2e addon file db2eV822.zip, there is an file named install.xml. Extract this file, open it in a word pad and replace the entry MOBILEENGINE_JSP with MOBILEENGINE_AWT. Save the file and replace it back in the db2eV822.zip. Now upload the new DB2e in WebConsole and assign it the device. This will solve your problem.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your answer. That was great and installation was successful. After installing DB2e, I installed my application on mobile device. After successfully installing, when I ran the application from SAP Netweaver Studio, following error was seen in Console tab (and my application didn't ran):

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.db2e.jdbc.DB2eDriver

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.core.SmartSyncRuntimeImpl.publishContextSwitch(SmartSyncRuntimeImpl.java:166)

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.core.SmartSyncRuntimeImpl.enterNewConext(SmartSyncRuntimeImpl.java:190)

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.core.SmartSyncRuntimeManager.changeContext(SmartSyncRuntimeManager.java:261)

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.core.SmartSyncAdapterImpl.changeContext(SmartSyncAdapterImpl.java:96)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationManager.switchSmartSyncContext(ApplicationManager.java:902)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationManager.activateApplication(ApplicationManager.java:1136)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationManager.startApplication(ApplicationManager.java:392)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.HomeFrame.startApp(HomeFrame.java:2664)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.HomeFrame.action(HomeFrame.java:707)

at java.awt.Component.handleEvent(Component.java:5341)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.HomeFrame.handleEvent(HomeFrame.java:1012)

at java.awt.Window.postEvent(Window.java:1614)

at java.awt.Component.postEvent(Component.java:3895)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3631)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:480)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

Can you help me out where am I going wrong?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Good to hear the installation was successful. Since you are running the application from SAP Netweaver Developer Studio, you wouldnt have imported the DB2e jar file in the Java Build Path. So kindly import <b>db2ejdbc.jar</b> file present with <MI_HOME>/lib into your Java Build Path of your application. This should solve your problem.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva,

That was great from you. This is third time you have solved my problem (Two times in this thread, once in earlier thread posted by me).

Regards,

Gopal

Answers (0)