Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No customer master record exists for sold-to party XXXX

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system is giving error in VA21 & VA11 saying "No customer master record exists for sold-to party XXXX"

Can anyone tell why is this error message appearing.

Regards,

Lucky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucky,

First check whether you have maintained the sales area while creating the customer. If the sales area is not specified then the system will give you an error. Maintain the common distribution channels and divisions.

You mentioned that when you use std account group the error doesn't come but when you use your own account group the error comes. This means that you have not done the partner functions assignment to the account group. Hence when you create the customer in XD01, then in the Sales area data - partner functions screen you will not see any partner function. So no sold to party, no ship to party, no bill to party and no payer.

So when you create the sales order you mention a customer number there in the sold to party field. But there is no sold to party created and hence you are getting the error.

Follow the partner determination procedure and create a new customer.

PARTNER DETERMINATION PROCEDURE

First go to OBD2 – create customer account groups. Here you make new entries, click whether it is a one time customer, description. Also you can do the field selection here for general data, co. code data and sales area data.

Now go to IMG – logistics general – business partner – customers – control – define & assign customer number ranges. Here you define the number range that you want and assign it to your customer account group.

Now go to VOPA – here the selection will be on customer master, click on partner procedures, create the partner determination procedure. After saving it double click on it then you will face with a screen. Here you enter the partner function and you can select if you want the function as mandatory and not changeable.

Then go back, click on procedure assignment, enter your account group in the lower left corner of the screen, press enter then in front of that select your partner determination procedure. Then save it.

Then click on go back 2 times. Here you can see partner functions, click on it, then go to environment in the upper menu and select Acct. grp assignment. Here just select your partner function and in front of that you select your customer account group. Then save it. Now you have completed the pre requisites to create the customer master.

Then go to XD01 and create your customer master.

This will definitely olve your problem. Reward points.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

former_member227476
Active Contributor

dear lucky,

maintain common distribution channel and common divisions, i think your prob will get resolved.

still if u r facing the problem go to the change mode of customer and check weather you have filled all mandatory fields or not

rewards if it helps

siva

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales Area is assigned to the Doc Type in IMG.

No Range is also Ok.

Common Distribution Channel and Common Dovision are also maintained. Customer Master has all mandatory entries filled.

There seems to be some other problem ? Is there anything else to be checked ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucky,

Please check if you have used account group "Sold-to Party 0001" while creating the customer (sold-to party). It might be possible you took some other account group inadvertenetly!!

Regards

Samier Danish

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Sales Area in XD01 and VA11 & VA21 are Same.

I have used my own Account Group and accordingly created and assigned the Partner Functions to this Account Group in IMG -> Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master.

All partner functions are appearing in Customer Master's Partner Function tab.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucky

Check this OSS Note 316323.

chan

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

I am using my own Partner Determination Procedure and that is correct. The issue is different. Please go through the Note from the beginning to get the correct issue.

Hi Chan,

I have seen the OSS Note 316323 and it tells to mark the Standrard 4 Partner Functions as Mandatory, however, does not say anything about not using the User Defined ones.

Anyways, I think you are right that one will have to use only the Standard Partner Function to get rid of this error.

Thanks for your information Chan.

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Lucky,

I said it is bug in sap. I do not remember the oss note. If u need it , then u need to code as directed in sap oss note.

chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucky,

Just check with the procedure i have given. It will work for you.

chan

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chan,

Do you mean with your note that I cannot use my own created Partner Function alone in XD01 because of the Bug in SAP and will have to use the Standard Partner Function SP to create Enquiry (VA11) and Quotation (VA21) ?

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Lucky,

Add the standard partner function SP in your account group created. Then try creating sold to party in this account group and then try using the sold to party in va21 or va01. This will work for you and this is standard bug in sap.

come back if u have queries.

chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai create customer Account groups start with OBD2,XDN1,OBAR,VOPA.then go to XD01,create customer.

regards

kannan

chennai

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system also shows this error when the name of the customer you have entered is wrong.

Ex. if the customer created in XD01 is VIJAYKUMAR.

and if you enter the customer name as VIJAY KUMAR(space between the name)

the system throws the same error stating that "No customer master record exists for sold-to party VIJAY KUMAR"

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first us see the partner determination procedure. check whether u have assigned your partner determination procedure to ur account groups. if yes,

then u check whether the defined sales area have been assigned properly. b'coz small mistakes make you think large one.

i hope ur error will not come there after.

regards

KR

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I use the Standard Account Group the Error does not appear. However, when I use my own created Account Group the system gives this Error in VA11 and VA21.

I have assigned all the Partner Functions to the Partner Determication Procedure and then assigned the Procedure to the respective Account Group, checked all the settings several times, however the error is still appearing in VA11.

Can anyone tell what is wrong in the newly created Account Group ? What am I missing in there ?

Regards,

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check in VOV7 that you have assigned Partner determination Procedure there, since you are saying it happens only in VA11.

Reward if helped

Regards

Samier Danish

Message was edited by:

Samier Danish

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Name spellled is correct.

Why do I need to check for the Partner Determination Procedure in VOV7, what Item Category has to do at time of entering Sold-to-Party in VA11 ?

I found that when I assign the SAP Standard Partner Function SP to the new Account Group, it works fine, however, it gives error when I use newly created Partner Function S1 for Sold-to-Party ?

I tried creating a new Partner Function and also tried by copying the Standard Partner Function SP, but did not work.

Can you tell why is it so ? Is there any special way of creating own Partner Function ?

Regards,

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lucky,

Best would b to copy stnadard Sold-to Party account group and rename it as per ur needs. This way you would not miss any assignments etc. if any window pops up with button 'Copy all", do press that button as it'll copy all dependent entries.

Hope this solves your issue

Samier DAnish

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samier,

Thanks for your suggession, however, I do not need to copy the standard Account Group because the Account Group I created works fine when I assign it the Standard Partner Functions and gives error only when I assign my own created Partner Functions.

I wanted to know the root cause of the issue that why the new Account Group is accepting only the Standard Partner Functions but not accepting the Partner Functions I created ?

Can anyone there tell me, why is it happening ?

Regards,

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucky,

Samier again. Just check in Partner determination proccedure settings in Sales Document header that IN (inquiry) field is assigned to correct partner procedure maintained at Sales Doc header (same as for Standard Order).

While checking this, also ensure that corresponding fields of Ship-to party (Source, Origin and Seq) are blank.

Revert back, if problem still exists

Awaiting your reply

Samier Danish

Message was edited by:

Samier Danish

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samier,

Can you please tell me the path where exactly I need to check the Partner determination proccedure settings in Sales Document header, as mentioned in your note ?

Hi Allabaqsh,

I appreciate your reply, however, if you had gone through from the starting of this note you could have found that the issue is not that the error comes when I use my own Account Group. The issue is that when I assign the SAP Standard Partner Function SP to my own created Account Group, it works fine, however, it gives error when I assign my newly created Partner Function to the new Account Grp. instead of assigning the Standard Partner Function SP ?

Regards,

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucky,

SPRO > SD > Basic fns > Partner Determination > Set up Partner Determination > Set up Partner determination for Sales Document Header, double click on Partner Determination Procedure Assignment on left hand side and "Position" IN. There just confirm if procedure is same as one assigned to Standard Order,

Samier Danish

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samier,

I have checked that the same Procedure 'TA' is assigned to both Standard Order OR and IN.

Hi Chan,

Thanks for the suggession.

When both Partner Functions i.e. Standard SP and the one I created are asssigned then the error does not come. But if delete SP from Partner Functions Tab in XD02 and let my own created Partner Function be there then the error appears in VA11. That again means the system accepts only SP and not user defined one. And also if I have to use the Standard Partner Function SP in XD01 then it does not make sense to use my own created one there. That does not make any difference.

I want to use my own created Partner Function instead of Standard one (SP) ?

Regards,

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

goto XD02 and check for which sales area the customer is available and cross check u r sales area in which u want to create VA21 and VA11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This error is because there no customer master data exist, that why the system show you this error.

Create the customer at XD01 or if already created enter the correct code.

Reward if it helps

Regards

Prasanna R

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Customer Master XXXX does exist and the Customer was created in XD01 by selecting the Sales Area, however, the error is still appearing ?

Regards.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lucky

Pls check whether your customer exist in the following tables in SE16. If there is no entry in these tables, thenyou can be doubly sure that Customer doesnt exist.

The tables are

KNA1, KNB1, KNVV, KNVP

Reward if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign the sales area to the relavent document type.

Ex. 1000 10 00 IN

1000 10 00 QT

regards,

v.s.vas.

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes the Customer entry appearing/exists in all these 4 tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CHECK THE NO RANGE ASSIGNMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

friend

I think you chang partner determinaation procedure.Check partner determination procedure.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the sales area and enter the correct customer

if the customer does not exist then create a customer in XD01

regards