Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding difference for condition type

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a new discount condition type and allow user to input this condition at the sales order header.

But when it comes to the invoice, the amount could differ due to the rounding as one sales order item could be spilt into multiple schedule lines.

eg: sales order header condition -10

sales order item 10 -7

sales order item 20 -3

invoice header -10.40

invoice item 11 -3.60

invoice item 12 -3.60

invoice item 21 -1.60

invoice item 22 -1.60

there is a difference of 0.40 from the sales order. Is there anyway to prevent this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to round the discount to nearest, Please do the changes in conditon types in rounding rule. you have the three options available in this.

Regards,

Naveen Duggineni

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have used commercial as my rouding rule...

1) but is there anyway that i can set it that it does not do rounding for the items because if it rounds up for the item then my Invoice Header will be more... And if it rounds down for the items, Header will be less.

2) Is there any other way that when my sales header condition is copied over to invoice, the system will take the same value instead of recalculating?

thanks

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) As you have seen Rounding rule in V/06 has only 3 options, one will alway be there, because for ex 2.14141414 , this value has to be limited to decimal places defined somewhere.

2) regarding your second point - please check the SAP notes again, it clearly says how this is done in SAP.

Regards

Jitesh

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the SAP notes, you stated 3. Which one are you saying?

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Note 403254

1. Absolute calculation type 'B' (fixed amount) or 'T' (multi-dimensional)

The determined rounding difference of the processed group is assigned to the item whose condition has the highest absolute condition basis (technically KAWRT) within this group.

If all condition bases within the group are the same, the rounding difference comparison is assigned to the last item of this group.

2. All other calculation types

The determined rounding difference of the processed group is assigned to the item whose condition has the highest absolute condition value (technically KWERT) within this group.

If all condition values of a group are the same, the rounding difference comparison is assigned to the last item of the group.

The calculation and assignment of the rounding difference comparison is always based on exactly one document. A cross-document determination, for example when you split the original document into several milestone billings, is not implemented.

Check this and see if this difference is going to which line item...

Do revert with your feedback

Regards

Jitesh

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using B(fixed amount) as my calculation type...

And my difference is not assigned to 1 item in the invoice...

Sales Order Header 85,881,260-

Item 1 19,479,597-

Item 2 66,401,663-

The header discount is spilted accordingly into the item 1 and 2.

But when it comes to invoice.

Invoice Header 85,881,262-

Item 10

Item 11 9,739,799-

Item 12 9,739,799-

Item 20

Item 21 33,200,832-

Item 22 33,200,832-

this is because when my Sales item 1 is divided into Invoice 11 and 12,

( 19,479,597 / 2 ) = 9,739,798.5

system round it up to 9,739,799

same goes for sales item 2

( 66,401,663 / 2) = 33,200,831.5

system round it up to 33,200,832

i do not want this to be the case because i want the system to default the sales order discount that i give, and put into the invoice....

if not, then it is like i have to give 2 more dollars of discount which is not accepted by the user.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem still unsolved

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DyL

Can you tell me Four fields for your discount condition type

1. Rounding Rule

2. Group Condition

3. Group Condition Routine

4. RoundDiffComp

Regards

Jitesh

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

1. Rounding Rule Commercial

2. Group Condition X

3. Group Condition Routine ' '

4. RoundDiffComp ' '

0 Kudos

Hi...

I am also have the same case, already try checked group cond, roundDiffcomp and put grpcond.routine to 1, not work.

would you please help me......

thank.

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DyL

Assuming you have maintained % discount, can you clarify which pricing type you are using in copy control in VTFL if delivery is used or VTFA is delivery is not used and Calculation type of your Condition Type and

Refer

Note 702508 - Pricing: Rounding difference distributed incorrectly

Note 403254 - Distribution rule for rounding difference comparison

Note 639462 - Header condition w/ absolute amount distributed incorrectly

The cause of this is a different group condition which follows the incorrectly distributed group condition and uses a group key routine. This group key routine mixes up the rounding difference comparison since the key for the table of the group conditions (GKOMV_KEY) was set incorrectly during the adjustment of the subsequent group conditon.

do revert with your feedback

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of allow the user to condition Header, allow them to use round off condition at each line item wise, so that it won't affect the billing document.

Try it out.

Reward if it helps

Regards

Prasanna R

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

But what do you mean it will not affect the billing document?

And we are giving discount based on the sales order and not individual item, if not the user will have to calculate the individual item, and the discount to give for each one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead I would suggest you to offer discount at Header level, not for each item. This will divide the discount amount to the items without any discrepancy. Rounding settings can be done in your condition type.

Reward if helpful

Regards

Samier Danish

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samier,

Condition is only entered at header level but when the invoice is done, the price is wrong due to the spilting up of the amount to each line item and also the rounding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, this happens during billing only or also in order? Check for each item category of all items entered, if rounding rule is same. Make it to commercial since Rounding up or rounding down would always lead to mismatch.

Hope this will sove your issue. Expecting points if so

Samier Danish

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

this happens in billing....

and i am using the standard item category TAN...

and my condition type rounding is Commercial...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Please try to set the header condion as group condition

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i have set the condition as a group condition but still not able to work.