cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on importing ESS codes into NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having problems with importing ESS "600 Level 9 Update ERP05PAR.06281307" codes into NWDI.

I can successfully import the dependent SCA of ESS into NWDI's Development tab: EP_BUILDT, SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS, and SAPPCUI_GP.

They are now gone from the Development tab and appears in Consolidation tab.

I am left with the ESS SCA remaining the Development tab.

When I try to import I got all sorts of errors from the CBS build, the last one is:

-

Info:buildspace = DDI_ESS09P24_D build request id = 1163

Info:CBS server log is written to CBS log

Fatal:processing of build request is not finished successfully, final status is:FAILED (more details in CBS log )

-

In the CBS log, this is the excerpt on the error that happened:

-

BUILD DCs

"sap.com/ess/ch/addr" in variant "default"

ERROR: The build-process has terminated without a valid build result. The reasons could be (a) The build time may have exceeded the build timeout value or (b) There could be problems with the build-settings or (c) the process was externally terminated. Please contact the CBS administrator.

The build failed due to a severe SYSTEM PROBLEM.

Change request state from PROCESSING to FAILED

-

======================================================

Also I notice that my SCA for ESS is ESS 600 Level 9 Update while in the SLD>Software Catalog, the entry for ESS 600's Support Packages tab only list up to "Support Package 8 of SAP_ESS, 600". There is no SP 9.

Could this be the cause of all my woes?

=====================================================

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if a CBS build fails with a "severe SYSTEM PROBLEM" then there's something really wrong. Import of used SCAs is not a problem since there's nothing to build, but this error message means that CBS is trying to build something and fails. System problem could indicate memory problems or maybe just an incorrectly configured JDK.

If nothing is obviously wrong check the log viewer if there are perhaps some more details logged or try to disable cleanUpRequestFolders in the CBS service properties and check in the filesystem under the CBS rootFolder if there are log files that give additional information.

CBS does not really care about SP levels, the difference between SP8 and SP9 is completely is irrelevant for building. (Unless you import "mixed" SCAs and get compile errors).

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick answer.

I will reward you 6 points first in thanks for your helpful tips.

I hope I can reward you the full ten points when the problem finally goes away.

When you mentioned "import of used SCAs is not a problem", you were referring to those EP_BUILDT, SAPPCUI_GP SCAs right? Yes I did not have any problems importing them.

What I do have problem with is when I do import of ESS SCA itself.

Also you mentioned the configuration of JDK, can you point me to the a resource that mentions what values to configure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I was refering to EP_BUILDT, SAP-JEE, etc. when I wrote "import of used SCAs is not a problem". As "required SCs" there are no sources imported (and most of those SCAs don't contain any sources anyway), so there's nothing to build. CBS only needs to import the archives into the database.

JDK configuration is one possible problem here, but not the only one. Check the CBS service properties (see e.g. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b5/7a5e4088dc0272e10000000a155106/frameset.htm ) and make sure that BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME and JDK_HOME_PATHS point to working JDK installation (note the different syntax of the values). This may include access rights.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you mentioned the checking CBS root folder for logs, may I know what is the exact path to the folder on the server?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the CBS properties the only one that I diverged from the recommended settings was threadPoolSize: Up to number of CPUs -1.

I have a 2-CPU server but the value for threadPoolSize was 3. I have set it to 1 and is now trying out another import.

Of course, the other setting that I set was idleStart which is set to false.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is also a configurable service property, if I remember correctly the default value is something like "./CBStemp" which puts the folder in the engine installation directory (/usr/sap/.../cluster/server/CBStemp or something like that).

Usually temporary files are cleaned up after build. If you set "cleanUpRequestFolders" to false they will be kept (caution: this may easily cause the filesystem to fill up quickly if you have a lot of requests!) and there might be something left that gives a better indication as to the source of the problem.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (0)