cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting workspace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created many tracks with different UserID and Passwords in our system which leads to many inconsistencies. So Finally, we have decided to delete all the tracks and the assigned workspaces for the same.

Deletion of Track in CMS is successful but the workspaces in DTR remain as such.

1) How to delete all these workspaces?

For this we tried out the following link <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/94/f4de3f68d48f15e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Deleting Workspaces</a> . But we were unable to do it.

It is told that we can run the dtr.bat file in the eclipse folder to delete the Workspace. When we run this file the command prompt just opens and gets disappeared. What should be done for this to open it up and execute the commands?

2) Should we need to install NWDS in the Server machine or just the dtr.bat file can be copied to server and executed or this can be done from the developers machine?

3) How can this be achieved? Any step by step reference document should do.

Awaiting for replies...

Thanks and Regards,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I believe this can be easily a misunderstanding.

Please confirm that you basically refer to the DTR workspaces which are still visible in the DTR webui via browser.

Those can be removed this way:

#855537 - How to delete workspace folders in DTR

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/855537)

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) You need to configure the dtr scripts first. Open them with notepad and follow the instructions inside the files.

2) You must run dtr.bat from an NWDS installation, it's not just the dtr.bat that's involved here: dtr.bat just starts a java-based tool, which is contained in the jars present in the same folder. I recommend to start dtr.bat from a command prompt window, not by doubleclicking it from explorer. This way you can see any reported messages.

3) The procedure for deleting the workspaces is described in the link you have given yourself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to run dtr.bat or dtrshell.bat from the command line, but am getting the following error:

C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\tools\dtr>dtrshell.bat

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\e

clipse\tools\lib\com_tssap_dtr_client_vfs/jar;C:\Program

Any ideas what I need to do to get this working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you fixed your issue by now but here is a tip for the others looking at this message.

I got the same error NoClassDefFound message and struggled before figuring out that I had to close my NWDS before starting the shell.

Regards,

Renaud