cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Inbound Proxy and Outbound Proxies - Client and Serv please help ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

<b> 1. What is exact meaning for Inbound Proxies and OutBound Proiex ?

2. Is outbound proxies means sending message to IS ?

3. Is Inbound proxies means receiving message from IS ?

4. Where exactly we need proxy ?

5. What is Sever and client Proxies ?

Is server ( here servre means XI Server ? )means Inbound .

Then normal meaning of Inbound is to from server right ? Then hwo it will bwecome as inbound ?</b>

I have gone through many blogs but still i am not clear .Please anyboy can expalin me ?

Regards .,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>1. What is exact meaning for Inbound Proxies and OutBound Proiex ?</i>

if you generate a proxy on an inbound interface, it is called as inbound proxy (also called as server proxy). similarly the outbound proxy( client proxy)

<i>

2. Is outbound proxies means sending message to IS ?</i>

yes, u can say so

<i>3. Is Inbound proxies means receiving message from IS ?</i>

yes again

<i>4. Where exactly we need proxy ?</i>

when there is abap/java application system as end systems, u can use the abap/java proxies respectively

<i>5. What is Sever and client Proxies ?</i>

as answered above server= inbound proxy and client = outbound.

<i>Is server ( here servre means XI Server ? )means Inbound .</i> yes

<i>Then normal meaning of Inbound is to from server right ? Then hwo it will bwecome as inbound ?</i>

server and inbound means that it is receiving the "request"... as u may know tat the server(inbound) gets the request and the client(outbound) sends the request.

check these blogs also, if u have not

ABAP Proxies in XI(Client Proxy)

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

ABAP Server Proxies

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Smarter Approach for coding ABAP Proxies

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/07/28/smarter-approach-for-coding-abap-proxies

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - File to ABAP Proxy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Proxies are way of communication between two sap system where WAS>7.0.

2.Outbound proxy is called client proxy.

3. Inbound proxy is called server proxy.

These two proxies come under ABAP proxy.

4.Outbound generates class, method.

5.Inbound generates class, method, and interface.

Regards,

S.RamNarender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam

1. What is exact meaning for Inbound Proxies and OutBound Proiex ?

2. Is outbound proxies means sending message to IS ?

3. Is Inbound proxies means receiving message from IS ?

Ans ::

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/18dfe590-0201-0010-6b8b-d21...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5f12a03d-0401-0010-d9a7-a55...

4. Where exactly we need proxy ?

5. What is Sever and client Proxies ?

Ans ::

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies - Activate Proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies - ABAP Server Proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Client Proxy

Proxies: are interfaces which will get executed in the application system.They can be created only in the system from message interfaces using the proxy generation functions.

The biggest advantage of the proxy is that it always by passes the Adapter Engine and will directly interact with the application system and Integration engine - so it will and should give us a better performance.

The literal definition of a proxy is an object / process authorized to act for another; an agent or a substitute. In simpler terms, proxies in the XI context are objects used to encapsulate the creation (from a sender system) or parsing of XML (at a receiver system) as well as the communication with the relevant runtime components required to send or receive those messages. The Proxy Runtime controls these objects / processes, and can itself be controlled by the applications it communicates with.

The Proxy currently has the following components available:

1. ABAP Proxy – Communication using XI or Web Services

2. Java Proxy– Communication using XI (J2EE)

JAVA Proxies:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a068cf2f-0401-0010-2aa9-f5ae4b20...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f272165e-0401-0010-b4a1-e7eb8903...

ABAP Proxies:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/13/integration-builders-through-proxy-server-part--2

/people/arulraja.ma/blog/2006/08/18/xi-reliable-messaging-150-eoio-in-abap-proxies

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/07/28/xi-debug-your-inbound-abap-proxy-implementation

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2007/01/07/how-to-raise-alerts-from-abap-proxy

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/07/28/smarter-approach-for-coding-abap-proxies

Just refer these links u will get the answer of ur all 5 Question

<b>Pls reward if useful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have a look

Proxies communicate with the XI server by means of native SOAP calls over HTTP .RFC does not, so you have to convert from SOAP to RFC calls and vice versa. So XML conversion is required.

ABAP Proxies uses Webservice and Http Protocols. And if you use RFC it is mainly meant for Sync. call. But Proxies is used for both Sync and Async.

If you use ABAP Proxy , you can reduce the overhead calling the function again and again.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies - Activate Proxy

If u generate proxy for outbound interface then its client proxy and for inbound interface its server proxy.

In client proxy u can call the method to send messages but u can't modify it but in server proxy its possible to write a user code within the method to execute proxy.

CLIENT PROXY:

A WSDL description from a UDDI server (or an Internet page) is usually used to make a service executable in the Internet and to describe the interface of this service. You require a client proxy and not a server proxy to call this service by using the Web service infrastructure.

SERVER PROXY:

You can only generate ABAP server proxies from a WSDL description if they originate in the Integration Repository.You can also generate server proxies for Java and client proxies for ABAP from message interfaces.

If you are using Client ABAP proxy (Sender Proxy), then it is not required. If you are using Server proxy, then it is required.

You can see list of adapters which requires sender agreement-manadatory sender agreements

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b1/f29e7a56e18a439984a3c6630951d2/content.htm

The use of adapter here is to communicate the Integration Server with respective ApplcatioN System. ie, R.3 or any SAP system which is configured as an Application System to the XI.

Proxies communicate with the XI server by means of native SOAP calls over HTTP . SO you need to mention the integration server to point/connect to correct application system during runtime.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/85/78af1bf407434796aaf8dbd6d4e7b7/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e1/091640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

ABAP:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

JAVA:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for ur reply . Can you please Explain from my Questions ? Becaues i am not clear in that