cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound delivery - goods issue error (Urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario - I am trying to 'Post goods issue' for an outbound delivery using VL02N. But it is giving an error log for each item, saying 'Document is incomplete: You cannot post goods movement'. Kindly let me know why is this occuring & how to rectify the same.

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In VL02N go to Edit---Incompleness. This will tell you why your document is incomplete. You can just fill in those incomplete details and then do PGI.

Rwd if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs. I see the error is due to non-entry or total weight & net weight. I suspect the same has not been maintained in the sales order. I would like to know, from VL02N, how can i go the corresponding sales order?

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just go to the sales order in the change mode and give the net weight and gross weight .

and after do the PGI.

Regards,

v.s.vas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

and one more thing , maintain the gross weight and net weight in the meterial master record for the both meterials. So while creating the sales order the weights automatically comes in to the sales order.

regards,

v.s.vas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do either of the 2 things mentioned below:

1. Go to t.Code: VA02 and enter the sales order number and go in and at item level add the gross weight and net weight.

2. Go to T.Code: MM02, the change mode for the material creation and go to Basic Data 1 tab and in that add the gross weight and net weight and re-create the sales order. This can be only done if you are practicing SAP.

regards

AK

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs, i would like to know from VL02N, how can i know the sales order number? If i knew the sales order number i could directly go to VA02 & do the needful. But i would like to know from VL02N is there anyway i can get the Sales Order number? If it is not possible, then i would have to request the sales dept to give me the same & that would take a long time & hence want to know if it is possible to find out from this. I hope my request is clear.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

to find the sales order no. for a delivery document, plz go to vl02n.

in change mode , go to environment-->document flow.

there u can find all the documents related with this delivery document.like....sales document, picking document & goods issue document.

regards,

Praveen,

please reward if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for that, but in the document flow, i only find the following - Delivery from Proj. xxxxxxxx, then a list of handling unit nos. & at the last i see Picking request xxxxxxx. So does it mean that this outbound delivery was created w/o ref to sales order?

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can set the Gross weight and Net weight at Delivery level also. You will have to set the Weights at the Material master level. If the weights are not the business requirement then you can deactivate the Gross & Netwight checking at the Incompletion procedure level. The transaction code is OVA2. You can find the Incompletion procedure assigned for the delivery item category in view V_TVLP_VUV through SM30.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

What is that PROJ.XXXXXXX.

Ist it a sales document no., contract document no. ...or any other no.

to find it, click on the PROJXXXXXXX and press on display document.

U can find the document in display mode.

Regards,

Praveen,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the item is in project stock & from there it is to be delivered to the customer. So the Proj nos refers to that. I will find out from my sales dept for the sales order nos in the meantime.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to go to MM02 T code and check the material in the basic data whether you have maintained the net and the gross weight rectify and try again

thanks

Aditya

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go to header details and confirm the status of the file. Also confirm if Warehouse Management is active in your Client, cos you did see a picking request. AS for your knowledge a delivery can be created without reference to an order. Usually you know the order satus and the subsequent file numbers only through Document Flow.

Thanks

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Clock on Document flow button or F7 you will fing the sales order no.

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vivek,

As per ur reply I understand that, stock is not issued from unrestricted stock for wichich the movement type is 601.

If the stock is issued from project stores, please check it with appropriate movement type for the schedule line.

U can find the schedule line type for the delivery document item in delivery document.

Or else,

if there is no reference sales document exist, I wld suggest u to cancel the delivery document with T.code VL09.

Change the material master record using MM02, maintain Gross weight & netweight for the materuial.

Then create a new delivery document with VL01N.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue has been resolved. As suspected, the total weight & net weight fields were blank. Also have informed the team in-charge of Material Master updation, to maintain the data for weight in Basic Data view.

Anyways thank you all for sharing your inputs on this issue. It has given me a clear understanding of this process. Will close this thread & award suitable points for the postings.

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you have entered Storage Location.Goto Edit-->Imcomplete Log,if there is any entry missing,it will give the details of it.Enter the data and Proceed.

With Regards

Vinu.N