Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password field disabled...

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my proxy settings for a external webservice that I'm trying to consume from a webdynpro application(I'm using the POST method), but the password field is disabled:(. I'm using NWDS 2.0.11. Is it a problem with the version, or do I need a licence key of some sort?

Regards,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Yes the password field is disabled.

But there is alternative for this also.

Before executing your model for this webservice put this code. Also set your user name here only.

wdcontext.current<node name>Element().modelObject()._setUsername("<Username>");

wdcontext.current<node name>Element().modelObject()._setPassword("<password>");

Then execute your bapi.

Regards,

Bhavik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik and Vilish,

According to my understanding, it would not help if I configure the proxy settings for the browser on the server? The server doesn't use the browser to run my application(dynpro) or does it?? Anyway I will try that and get back to you guys, Thanks a lot for your help. Points awarded

Thanks & Regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

What happens in background is,

Your webdynpro application is running on Server. And when you call method to execute that model for webservice, It is resided on server and from server it calls the Webservice. so, request goes to the Proxy server from your WAS server. Now, proxy server first check that whether any user is authenticated on this system or not.

If any user is authenticated already then it will forward the request to the External webservice otherwise, it will give error response code as 407 or 401 Unauthorized.

So, when you manually authenticated yourself by fetching any website on server side, it wont ask for authentication and you wont get any error.

I know this is not the right way to do this.But, as of now i found this is the only way to work this application perfectly.

May be we will get this facility in higher versions.

Regards,

Bhavik

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I've copied the error below...

<i>java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is: java.lang.Exception: Transport Error ! Response code (407) Proxy Authentication Required</i>

Yes we need proxy authentication to access external websites. What do you mean by "If yes, then ensure that you have authenticated on the server before running this application."??

Regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harsh,

You must make authentication setting on the server for using proxy in between your server and Internet.

Rgds,

Vilish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Manually means, On the server machine browse any external website. It will ask for user authentication. So, provide your username and password for your proxy authentication.

After accessing website perfectly, deploy and run your application.

Now, it wont ask for authentication and it will directly fetch data.

Regards,

Bhavik

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik and Vilish,

Thanks for the prompt responses! I tried going the manual way, but that doesnt seem to be working either. I used the following code. Any ideas?

Regards,

Harsh

//// wdContext

//// .nodeRequest_SendSMSHttpPost_sendSMSToIndia()

//// .currentRequest_SendSMSHttpPost_sendSMSToIndiaElement()

//// .modelObject()

//// ._setUser("username");

//// wdContext

//// .modelObject()

//// ._setPassword("password");

//// wdContext

//// .modelObject()

//// .execute();

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

What error it is giving?

Are you using any Proxy authentication in your Proxy server for accessing external website?

If yes, then ensure that you have authenticated on the server before running this application.

Sometimes, you need to manually authenticate on your proxy. It wont work through code.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

This probs is not with version or licence key.

This field has been disabled, don't know why.

Still You can manage the authentication manualy.

Rgds,

Vilish