Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc - IDoc Mapping part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have one scenario as below:

Sender system: Will have MATMAS05 IDoc structure with many segments.

Receiver Systems: There will be say 4 R/3 receiver systems.

The IDoc segments should be distributed to some (all R/3 Receiver system)

i.e Based on plant and Logical system some segments of the IDoc MATMAS04 from sndr system should move to particular receiver R/3 system and like wise some other segments to another Rcvr R/3 System and so on.

Could you please help me in this regard how to start with this..

Is BPM required for this scenario..?

If so then is BPM able to call the Table name which resides in the ABAP stack..?

then how to proceed for this ..?

Eagerly waiting for you valuable solutions/approach

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

The Source structure MATMAS04.

I think we need target structure :Many MATMAS04 IDocs is required because some segments of the IDoc MATMAS04 from source system should move to particular receiver R/3 system and like wise some other segments to another Rcvr R/3 System and so on.

Can I go for Duplication subtree in the target or shall I have to go to message tab in the mapping editor andf enter the IDoc of required numbers...? so that I can have multiple say 4 IDoc structure( if receiver is four).

Please tell me how to distribute the source IDoc particular segment to particula receiver based on plant num and logical system details in ABAP stack.

If I map the control record EDIDC_40- RCVPOR of the target structure to the receiver (in the Constant standard function) will it work..?

Points will be awarded...

regards

Sampada

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sampada,

Could you tell us what is ur source system?

<b><i>If so then is BPM able to call the Table name which resides in the ABAP stack..?</i></b>

-- Ofcourse u can. But u need FM like RFC_READ_TABLE so that we can pass the table name and get back the values synchronously. But why u needed this step?

Could you explain us the complete flow, so that it could be easy for us to suggest,

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for ur quick reply.

The Source system is R/3.

The scenario which I am working is as below:

The source sytem sends IDoc (say MATMAS05). to XI .

There will be a table in the ABAP stak with Plant num and Logical system fields

Based on these two fields, XI has to pass the MATMAS05 segments to the respective R/3 systems.

i.e Some segments A should flow to System A

Some segments B should flow to System B and so on

There are four receiver R/3 systems.

Based on the plant condition the segment flow should happen.

Also please tell me in steps how to call the table name in the BPM part.

Thanks and Regards

Sampada

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

i didnt understand how you are going to select receive systems? i mean is it based on segments presence in source message or Target message?

if condition based on source message,no need to use BPM and if you want to access data in ABAP stack,use RFC lookups.

Cheers,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

The receiver is selected based on the plant and the LS fields in the table.

Can U please explain how to handle RFC look up in XI.

Thanks

Sampada

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the below link for the RFC look up

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

sri sampada,

you can done this in the reciver determiantion.

1.For that u need to create communctation channel & recevier agreement for each of each of reciver.

2. Give the condtion in the reciver determination.

Regards

upendra.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

he wants the receiver to be determined if the validation is true

will all the 4 receivers be valid for all the calls? i mean is it very much possible that sometimes a segment is not populated so one receiver might not be valid in this case

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

if you want to do <b>receivers determination</b> based on target message content, you have to use BPM with <b>receiver determination</b> step.

before going to BPM, please consider other performance factors,because <b>Transformation</b> and <b>Receiver Determination</b> steps are more resources consumption steps.

Cheers,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Do any one have IDoc to IDoc scenario document...?

then please let me know.

Thanks and Regards

Sampada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please go through these

Scenario

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/21/xi-idoc-to-idoc-tunneling--how-fast-and-easy-can-you-get ---IDOC To IDOC Tunneling

Reward Points

Regards

Khanna