cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap remote access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just installed ECC 5.0. I would like to be able to access the system remotely on my laptop. I'm able to log in as long as i'm in my home network, however when i try to log in away from home using my server ip address i get timeout error. I'm using a DSL router with a firewall. I think the firewall might be part of the problem. I tried to forward a port to my computer ip but still no access. Does anyone have a clue as to what else i could do. Any suggestions wiil be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Franklin,

You will need a VPN router or server then established the connection via PPTP, L2TP or SSL connection.

Hope this will help ^^

JT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeffery

I configured VPN server in windows already, but remote log on is still not possible. Do i have to use third party VPN sofware? If so, could you suggest any that are worth trying? thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Franklin,

When you mention you have created VPN server in windows, which windows server have you configured it? If you have configured a Windows Server 2003 VPN that has the Remote Access role enabled, and that accepts incoming PPTP connections. Please refer to this <a href="http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035-5814036.html">http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035-5814036.html</a> to setup the remote VPN dial-up.

Hope this help ^^

JT

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many options:

1) If you have logged into to your network using VPN then try to Ping the presentation server using your local lan IP.

2) If you have a Public/Static IP assigned directly to you server then you can change the ip settings in your GUI and access from HOme.

3) If you are able to access any other server in the network , then you can do a remote log-in using SM59.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are u installed SAPRouter.

If not installed then install it and cofigure it

Start SapRouter

In SAP GUI

put the SAP Router string as /H/yourip/S/yourport/H/

And Enable that sap router port in Firewall

This will enable you connect SAP from remote

Awarding points will encourage my reply

with regards

N.Rameshkarthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ever you are accesing your sever remotely other than local network, change your SAP GUI settings

Connection speed as Low Speed connection

Regards,

Ganesh