cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which middleware to use SAP Netweaver XI or Oracle Fusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have to integrate several modules like CRM, Siebel, Telephony Supply Change Management, etc. --- ERP Integration

Which is better middleware SAP XI or Oracle Fusion.

Any suggestions, links/pdfs

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Two quick ways:

1) check whether your landscape has more SAP Application then Oracle/

2)Check the developers forums and support for each products...this is a good way to understand how active is the product community and how well the support will be during development.

For example SAP XI currently ( to the time of this message) has 31,925 messages with related 178,478 threads.

Check how oracle fusion does....

Nimrod.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nimrod,

First of all thanks for the response!!!

Can you pls answer my few queries as I was searching on net

1. I work in SAP XI (middleware) but there is something called as mySAP 2007 what is this as compared to Oracle Fusion

2. As you know most of the applications like CRM, Siebel has database as Oracle.But we are integrating them with SAP XI.

So can you pls elaborate your 1st point and 2nd point so that I can make my decision as it is very important for me

Regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oracle Fusion is not considered as a stable product yet in the market. So for integration of systems involving SAP systems, SAP XI is the best choice. If ur landscape has no SAP system at all ,then u may think abt the facilities provided by Fusion. But if multiple SAP instances r present, then XI would be a better choice.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

starting with point no.2:

When we are talking about XI and true EAI system the interfacing is done with the application instance and not with the Database instance....so...there is no importance for XI whether your application "seats" on Oracle,DB2,SQL or commodore-64 as long as the application has an API and protocol that XI can speak with,

That is : SOAP over HTTP, File system over FS\FTP,RFC\IDocs for SAP based system and so on...

To make it more clear for you - With SAP XI we <b><u>Don't</u></b> do database synchronization! we send Orders,Invoices, or any business document\information between two or more systems.

XI job is to do 2 things:

1.change between protocols of the two systems for example Mail to IDoc

2.change between messages structures (same example) Mail invoice to inbound INVOICE IDoc to the R3 SAP system.

I'm sure sieble has some APIs that can work with XI swiftly.

If you want to synchronize master data between you systems ..this issue has to be addressed more carefully taking into account the size of the messages send,the occurrence and a few more issues.

Regarding point No.1 well from my knowledge - the equivalent to Oracel fusion is more the NetWaver 2004s then the mySAP ERP which will be more equivalent to Oracle application.

<b><i>If this post was helpfull please reward</i></b>

<i>If you need more information please contact me at:

nimrodg@gmail.com</i>

Nimrod Gisis