cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

if we are working in development server in golden configuration client, we want the object to be tested in unit testing client. how can we get the same object in unit testing client. can i get that automatically. or how can i get that. plz help.

Regards,

Sasmita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transport Request is generated in following scenarios:

1. Customizing Request - When doing or changing some customization.

2. WorkBench Request - When configuration is cross-client. Eg Generating new Table, making changes in access sequence, Abap development, etc.

Transport request is not generated for Master Data. For eg: Customer Master, Material Master, price master, etc.

Benefit of Transport Request:

<b>SAP Landscape normally has 3- Tier system</b>:

<b>Development Server / Golden Client</b> - Where customization takes place. Transport request is generated at this level & then first transported to Quality server for testing whether it meets the requirement or not. Once the requirement is met in Quality server then Request is transported from Development Server to Production Server (Actual / Live System)

<b>Quality Server / Test Server</b> - Mainly useful for testing.

<b>Production Server Actual / Live server</b>, where the real transactions are created & posted.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward Points if Helpful.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

thank you very much for your time and effort. thanks for properly explaining the concept.

Regards,

Sasmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sasmita we need use transaction code scc1 to transpoft betweent two clients belong to the same server.can someone correct if i am wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasmit,

The developed object needs to be transported from golden configuration client to testing client using SE01,SE09 or SE10.

Give the request number associated with the developed object in the SE01 and release the task and request. Once the request is released, we can transport to this to testing client with the help of BASIS people who are responsible for transporting requests from one client to other client. They will use STMS transaction code to transport requests among the clients.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

thank you very much for your elaborate explanation. But i have one more doubt a consultant told me that server to server data transport BASIS people used to do. but within the same server client to client data transport Functional Consultants have to do. is it right.

kindly clarify my doubt.

Regards,

Sasmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sasmita,

You are right.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasmita,

Yes, You are correct. As programs are client independent and data is client dependent.

You need not do transfer for those data which is cross-client data, apart from this we will transport data across clients under same server. You can easily identify whether a table is client independent or dependent by seeing the field MANDT. If you find a table with MANDT it is client dependent and if you are not then it is client independent. Use transaction code <b>SCC1</b> for Client Copy - Special Selections.

Reward if helpful and close the thread if it is solved/ansewered.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai sasmitha

It is possible to move the data from one clent to another client within the same server. this u can do with the tcode scc1

It is not mandatory that a basis guy should involve in this

using se01,se09,se10 u can move the data from one server to another server i mean from DEV TO QA AND TO PROD

Hope this will add some info to you

reward pts if found useful