cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message interface with two types of message types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am having problem that a proxy cannot be generated because of the (mixed) types of the message types that the interface is using.

The first message type is defined in the repository and another is defined as an external definition, imported in from an outside source.

Here is the SAP message I received when I tried to generate the proxy for this interface.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Interface uses external and internal message definitions

Message no. SPRX122

Diagnosis

In a message interface you can use messages from different sources:

1. Message types and fault message types edited in the Integration Repository

2. Messages imported into the Integration Repository (external definitions, RFC, IDoc)

In the current message interface, message types from different sources have been used.

Since messages from these different sources must be handled differently during proxy generation, such a mixture of messages within a message interface is not possible.

System Response

The interface cannot be generated.

Procedure

Change the interface definition accordingly in the Integration Repository.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The imported xsd is quite large and also contain many large includes. I don't have the option of creating the message type manually.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

-michelle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do u mean a sync message interface with mixed message types or a asynch messsage interface where u r mixing the 2 XSD into a message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's a synchronous with mixed message types. The outbound and inbound messages are of different type.

Regards,

-michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

a tedious way but can u afford to give a try

can u export the xsd that u created in IR and import that too as an external definition so that now u don't have a mixture. let's hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I see what you say. I think it would work but unfortunately that work-around is not an option for us.

Is this a real limitation in XI? Does anyone know the reason for it?

Best regards,

-michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/content.htm

As per the above doc check the link

service.sap.com/xi ® Media Library ® Documentation: SAP XI 3.0 (SP11) – Supported XML Schema and WSDL (EN)

Get the spreadsheet and check ur elements of the imported XSD against the sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried several things and the problem is still not resolved. This is what I learned.

First of all, I believed the SAP message about mixing of internal and external message is misleading or even wrong. I tried with both message types being external but I still get the same message that the interface has one internal and the other external message type.

Secondly, since Arvind suggested that I might have used an xml element that is not currently supported by ABAP proxy, I then change to another definition with the most simplest elements. I then attached this other definition to the interface and tried generating the proxy again. I still get the same system message that I am using mixing of message types in one interface.

My conclusion is XI still is not capable of generating ABAP proxy from external definition.

Does anyone have any comments/suggestion/experience on this issue?

Best regards,

-michelle