cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage loaction determination for BOM items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Sales BOM for material XYZ as ABC(1 ea) & PQR(2 ea). The other details are as under,

Header Material: XYZ

Material type: FERT

Item Cat group: LUMF

Storage condition: Z1

Storage locations: 1000, 2000 & 3000

Batch: B1

First Item Material or BOM Material: ABC

Item cat group: NORM

Storage condition: Z3

Batch: B1

Second Item Material or BOM Material: PQR

Item cat group: NORM

Storage condition: Z3

Batch: B2

Storage location settings in the system are,

P1SP1Z11000

P1SP1Z12000

Plant and shipping point for all the three materials is same, which are P1 and SP1 respectively. Since automatic Batch determination is being set-up at SO level to populate batches at Item levels, our requirements are as below,

If Header material is used in SO, it should explode and display all the sub items so that MRP, ATP & Pricing can take place at Item level, so chose LUMF as Item category group. Also when BOM explodes the order should have respective batches at Item level along with Storage locations i.e. ABC will have 1000(stg location) and all sub items will have different storage location as 2000(stg loc). Which is not the case presently and all items end up having same Storage location as 1000.

Regarding Batch management, I have set up all the conditions, which are working fine, but the only difficulty is Storage location which remains same for all the sub items & as well as for header material. This should not have be the case as these have different ‘Storage conditions (Z1 & Z3)’, please note that I am able to change Storage location manually, but it requires to be happening automatically.

Is there a way that this functionality can be accomplished? Also its worth noting when it is tried to create order only with any of above sub item with automatic batch determination, then also ‘Storage location’ will be different from what is been set under picking location determination.

But without automatic batch determination, there will be no storage location gets populated at Item level in the SO but however during Delivery creation Items will have respective “Storage locations” as per config setting (i.e Heade will hv 1000 and BOM item will have 2000 in Delivery and so is the case in PGI).

So my query is why the system behaves differently with and without automatic batch determination, if so then how to accomplish this task of having appropriate storage loaction.

Shai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use automatic batch determination in delivery doc