cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Division & Extending customer to another division

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through a couple of threads but still I have doubt..

What is the diffrence between Item division (In configuration of Sales Doc type) and extending Customer to Another Division ..Can someone explain with an example..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

<b>Item division</b>:this control allows the system to copy its division from material master and propose in the sales document.if it is de-activated then system doesnot copy the material division from its material master and automatically applies header division to all the line items in the sales order.

when you are creating a customer using a transaction code XD01 you will maintain the sales organisation,distribution channel , division. for example if you have created a customer for 1000/10/00 sales area and cutomer wants to buy a material belonging to another division for example 10. when you raise a sales order with the sales area 1000/10/10 it will give you can error saying that customer does not belong to this division. since the customer was maintained for the sales area 1000/10/00.

to make sure that customer can buy the material from different divisions , we will extend the customer to division 10 as well so that he can buy the products belonging to division 10 as well

pls reward points if the answer is helpful

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both are different there is no relation at all.

Item division in sales document type is required for the material or item is copied into the sales order. the materials division is proposed from material master record.

EXTENDING CUSTOMER TO ANOTHER DIVISION.

for example a customer with no 1000 is in sales area of 1000/00/00 i.e is 1000 sales organisation , 00 distribution channel and division.

and you have another division say 10 and the customer places order for material which exists in that division.

in order to fulfill his order you have to extend the customer 1000 to that sales area

1000/00/10

you can do this by going to XD02 and enter the sales area where u want to extend i.e as per above 1000/00/10 and you can give 1000/00/00 as reference .

this is called extending of customer from one division to another or sales area

regards

hope i am clear