cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DYnamic select statement in JDBC adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Is it possible so send dynamic select statement in jdbc adapter?

XIer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nice thread...

Any how, why don we use an intelligent query instead??? like do a

datepart(dd,getdate()) = '15' in the query??It should do the job according 2 me..

Any comments??:)

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible. Please look at my previous response inthis thread.

It references a page on SAP Help which is definitely correct!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have given the link for Receiver JDBC adapter,not for sender JDBC,do you mind telling us how will the select and update query look like in case of dynamic sender JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

The poster did not specify whether this was sender or receiver channel, but it would only make sense that a "dynamic query" must be on the receiver communication channel since if it was on the sender channel, the channel would have to intelligently determine how to do dynamic queries.

Also, the poster asked if there was a way to "send a dynamic query" to the channel. This seems to imply that the channel is receiving information from somewhere to determine the query, which could only mean it is a receiver channel.

If you would like more information on the JDBC sender communication channel, please open a new thread.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yaghya,

"<i>The poster did not specify whether this was sender or receiver channel, but it would only make sense that a "dynamic query" must be on the receiver communication channel since if it was on the sender channel, the channel would have to intelligently determine how to do dynamic queries.</i>"

Please have a look at the tope of the page.Moreover Aamir didn't asked for JDBC sender comm.channel information, we all are interested to know how we can use Dynamic query from sender side, thats it!!!

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yaghya

infact he did specify ,please have a look at his second response

<i>Lets say I want to pull data from a database for a particular month every 15th of month. then everything in my JDBC adapter will remain the same but only month will change in the select statement?</i>

This definitely is sender JDBC coz he is puling from Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

can you please explain wht you mean by dynamic statement in JDBC?

Thanx

Aamir suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets say I want to pull data from a database for a particular month every 15th of month. then everything in my JDBC adapter will remain the same but only month will change in the select statement?

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

AFAIK its not possible to have dynamic select query.

Thanx

Aamir suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible.

This can be done in a synchronous receiver JDBC communication channel where the request message will have the query (in an XML format) and the response will contain the result of the query.

Have a look at the link below which details the structure of the request message. Specifically look at the comments at the end "action=select"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm