cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do GC on the SAP J2EE WAS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found when the J2EE WAS was just start up, the Webdynpro application deployment spent only a few seconds. But after a few hours, the deploy speed became very slow and unaccepted, deploy a webdynpro application may spend ten or more minutes.

So I think maybe I can manually do GC on the J2EE WAS. Is it possible or not?

or could anyone give me some hints about how to speed up the webdynpro deployment?

Thanks

Deyang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deyang,

There is a shell command 'gc', which you can use to invoke full gc. However if the server is started with -XX:+DisableExplicitGC, which is recommended by SAP, then the command will not work.

Have you checked if your engine is well-tuned?

If you want to improve the performance of your application you should first analyze why it takes so long to deploy. Probably the initialization of your application is the root cause for the problem. Making thread dumps during deployment can help you to investigate the problem.

Kind Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

Thanks for your help! after gc i found the deployment became fast.

Now as you said, i want to know how to making thread dumps during deployment? Would you mind give me some detail information about it?

Thanks and Best regards

Deyang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deyang,

Note 710154 describes how you can create thread dump for J2EE Engine 6.30. If invoking gc solves your problem, please check the jvm settings of the engine. There are several notes with recommended settings depending on your platform. Have a look at note 724452, where you can find all note numbers.

Best Regards

Vyara

Answers (0)