cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI - Transport of ID via CMS / Business System Replacement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have installed SAP XI, and we now have our QA environment installed. We are transporting our objects from DEV to QA through CMS.

In the SLD, we have defined 2 business systems : SAP_R3_DEV and SAP_R3_QA. Each of this system is assigned to a group (DEV_GRP and QA_GRP). We have added dependencies in the "Transport" section of the business systems (i.e. SAP_R3_DEV becomes SAP_R3_QA when transporting).

So, everything seems to be configured.

Now, we are transporting objects from the Integration Directory using CMS / Transport Studio. My understanding was that occurences of "SAP_R3_DEV" should be replaced by "SAP_R3_QA", but this is not working.

<b>Where am I wrong ?</b>

<i>Our configuration :

XI 3.0 - Netweaver 2004s SP10

We have 3 different SLDs (DEV, QA and PRD)

</i>

Your help would be greatly appreciated !

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Thanks a lot for your help. I tried your solution step by step, but I'm still not lucky However, I now better understand where to create different business systems.

Here is what I did:

- Delete my QA business systems from DEV SLD

- Synchronize both DEV and QA SLDs

- Create my SAP_R3_QA business system in the QA SLD

- Create a new group named QA

- Assign the XI_QA Integration Server to QA Group

- Assign SAP_R3_QA to integration server XI_QA

- Refresh SLD Cache

- Export from Integration Directory in DEV

- Import in Integration Directory QA

- Check Business System name imported : Still SAP_R3_DEV

Is there a step I mess ?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hello Bhavesh,

>

> Thanks a lot for your help. I tried your solution

> step by step, but I'm still not lucky However, I

> now better understand where to create different

> business systems.

>

> Here is what I did:

> - Delete my QA business systems from DEV SLD

> - Synchronize both DEV and QA SLDs

> - Create my SAP_R3_QA business system in the QA SLD

> - Create a new group named QA

> - Assign the XI_QA Integration Server to QA Group

> - Assign SAP_R3_QA to integration server XI_QA

Till this you are perfectly insynch

Setps you need to do now on QA SLD,

1. Export the Dev Integartion Server Business System and Tech System and other Dev Business System and Tech Systems from the Dev SLD and import it into the QA SLD.

2. If the Dev Group is not created on the QA SLD, create the same using the Tech and Buss System Exported and Imported in 1.

3. Create the transport targets on the QA SLD for all the Business SYstems.

Now import the objects and things will be fine.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are more details...

We have multiple SLDs : One for DEV, one for QA and one for PROD environments.

We do all the configuration in the DEV SLD, and then use Export / Import functionality to replicate data in QA / PROD environments. We did also a full SLD Export / Import in case something was missing.

In many forums / blogs, it's indicated we should go in SLD, under "Business Landscape" on the first screen, and under the Business System we can find the "Transport Target" field.

In our version of XI, which is 2004s SP10, we must go in SLD, under "Business Systems" on the first screen, and under the Business System we have a "Transport" tab in which we must indicate both a "Target Group" and a "Target System".

We have created an XI_DEV group and assigned business systems SAP_R3_DEV and SAP_XI_DEV

to it.

We have also created an XI_QA group and assigned business systems SAP_R3_QA and SAP_XI_QA to it.

In the "Transport" tab, we have configured XI_QA / SAP_R3_QA as the transport target for SAP_R3_DEV.

In the Integration Repository, we do our configuration using Business System SAP_R3_DEV.

When transporting, we tried both CMS and Export/Import methods. However, when importing in XI QA, we still see SAP_R3_DEV instead of SAP_R3_QA...

I hope this clarifies )

Thanks a lot for your time !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anne,

have you checked the components as I told you?

As you have 3 different SLD installations, you can use the same name for the business systems at all SLD's.

regards!

roberti

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Here are more details...

>

> We have multiple SLDs : One for DEV, one for QA and

> one for PROD environments.

>

> We do all the configuration in the DEV SLD,

This is the problem

What I would suggest you do,

A)

1 Transport the Dev Business Systems to the QA SLD .

2 On the QA SLD, create a Transport Group for the dev Business Systems.

3. On the QA SLD create the corresponding QA Business Systems and assign them to the QA Group.

4. Now, import the objects and the name will get replaced.

B) The prod SLD set up will now happen from the QA SLD, by exporting QA objects to Prod and so on.

The problem with your early approach was that you were creating the transport targets etc on the DEV SLD. The targets cofiguration should be done on the QA SLD , i.e, the target SLD rather than the source.

Have tried and this is how things work with File transports .

Hope this helps and solves the problem.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberti,

Thanks for your help !

I made my transport trough export / import, but I still get the same result.... Business Systems are not changed

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anne,

Do you get any error when doing the transport?

is the target Business System group pointing to the correct target ID?

Normally, if you have created correct transport targets and all target business Systems belong to the same target transport group things work fine.

Can you provide more details like asked earlier, single SLD? multiple SLD? What are the exact steps done? Any errors when you do the transport etc?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

Have you tried import/export method before trying to use CMS? If this works, then some configuration at CMS level is wrong and I can't help...

But I think there are some possible mistakes we can make in the SLD configuration... First, you have 3 different SLD's. Probably you have SAP_R3_DEV at SLD_DEV. At SLD_QA you need SAP_R3_DEV and SAP_R3_QA. Both SAP_R3_DEV at SLD_DEV and SLD_QA must have the same GUID, and at SLD_QA the transport dependencies must to be set.

regards!

roberti