cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Sold-to party on an open sales order deletes item text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When changing the sold-to party on an open sales order document, all of the item text is deleted. Is there a way to prevent this from happening, or is this standard?

Thanks,

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u r wishing to change the sold to party for a particular item it means u r not selling that item to him. U cant have 2 different sold to parties in a single sales order.. U can change other partner functions at sales order level but not sold to party partner function....

U can assign reason for rejection to close this particular order and raise a fresh order in favor of the sold to party u wish to for that particular item...

Message was edited by:

srinivas rao

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once you change sold to party then all activities/functions are redermined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No - it is not standard. Are you getting message for "redtermination of shipping point".

Pl award points if you find my information useful / helpful.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do get the pop-up that states: 'Shipping conditions changed. Re-determine routes and shipping for all items', and 'The sold to party has been changed Redetermine plant/shipping point?'. Chosing either re-determine or do not redetermine, the item text note is deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig, I'd reject the items, Block the order for delivery and billing, and create with reference to a new SD doc.

Changing the Sold To, while in the real world it shouldn't be that big of a deal, in SAP reality is huge.

Bill