Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM-Deadlineexception triggered after canceling the process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a BPM scenario thats like

WS <--> SAP.

this goes through BPM. I have exception in for Mapping Exception, send Exception and Deadline exception.

I am having a case where the mapping throws Mapping Exception. Now in the Mapping exception block i am throwing a alert and cancelling the process using control step.

Mapping exception works fine, but after couple of minutes the deadline excption is getting triggered and another alert being sent for deadline excpeiton.

Could someone help me with what is happening, as i dont want it to enter deadline exception because i have allready caught the exception and sent alert for mapping.

regards,

vinay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VInay,

Let me suggest one more way. Try it out and let us know the results.

In the Block Properties -- Create two Exception names - Mapping, Deadline.

Right click on the block and create two Exception branch and one deadline branch.

--In the Trasnformation Step propeties Choose Exception as Mapping.

--Choose any one of the Exception branch and in propeties select Exception Handler - Mapping. [In exception branch do ur logics]

--In Deadline Branch Keep Control step and choose Action -Throw Exception , in Exception -- Deadline.

-- Choose the next Exception branch and in propertied select Exception Handler - Deadline[ In exception branch do ur logics]

Hope it helps!!! If its not clear do reply back.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Here is the scenarios...

Receiver-> Block->End. In block i have defined mapping and send exception.

InBlock i have 1) Transformation throws Mapping Exception.

2) Send step throws Send Exception.

3) Mapping Exception handling where i have a control that cancels the process.

4) Send Exception handling where i have a control that cancels the process.

5) Deadline Exception where i have a control that cancels the process.

Once Mapping exception is triggered i am expecting the process to terminate. But even after mapping exception is triggered after 2 minutes(deadline time) deadline exception is being triggered. (shown in graphical workflow)

the reason i dont want deadline exception to be triggered is i will be defining alerts in all exception brancehs and dont want the user to be getting mapping and deadline exception both.

Raj, according to your suggestion if i throw an alert again in deadline branch, how would i decide whether its a genuine deadline exception or not( like mapping exception allready triggered). I would need to know when to send an deadline alert or not.

Regards,

Vinay.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinay,

Could you tell us how u designed the flow?

Best regards,

raj.