Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Three Questions !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts !!

I have three questions, please clarify.

1) At OS level we have two SAP services that are running, first is the SAPOSCOL service and second is SAP<SID>_<Instance_no>

I know what SAPOSCOL do..but what is the role of this second service SAP<SID>_<Instance_no> ?

2) During a client export using scc8, it is said that upto three transport requests can be generated depending on the copy profile selected for export. Now to start this export process we have to schedule a background job and the export process will start asynchronously.

Now my question is how will i know which transport requests are created for this export .....I mean where will i see these created requests and when ( means are these requests created as soon as the background job is scheduled or after the completion of the export process ) ?

3) Suppose I have three application servers( one central and two dialog instance )for an R/3 system (say dev)

Now my question is how will I start or stop these servers....will SAP MMC will be present in all the three application servers and I need to log to each application server and start it OR only the central instance will have the SAP MMC and I can start or stop all the application servers from there ??

Thanks in advance. Points will surely be rewarded.

Mandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep,

Here are the answers

1. SAP_SID_Instance Number service will help you in setting up auto start or manual start of SAP services when Windows comes up.

2. Once you use SCC8 and start the client export you can start monitoring it using SCC3 once the export is completed it will show in SCC3 what all the requests generated. These three Import requests are generated in STMS. You can go and check in import overview for the same import request and start the import of them in respective clients and system.

3. Hey Buddy each of these servers will have MMC on it.

Always you need to shutdown application servers first then CI. Then while starting Start CI then apps.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek