cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SNP and DP versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I saw in SNP we are using only version "000" where as in DP we use multiple versions. Is there any specific reason behind this.

Thanks for ur reply.

Regards,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

That was very nice explanation.

If I have "000" as model for both SNP and DP. How can only the changes in SNP is transferred to ECC not the DP. Is there any settings need to done.

Pls clarify.

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

As I said, there is no real-time link between DP and ECC but CIF is the real time link between SNP and ECC.This is not a bug but was made purposefully. It really doesn't matter what version you work on in DP. As the release (or Transfer) is manual ( you can automate with a background process), it depends on the version you mention in the release or transfer profile.

For Siva's question, the answer is NO. Only the changes made in the Active Model-Active Version gets transmitted to ECC. Not even the changes in Active Model-TEST version.

Hope this helps. Please donot hesitate to ask any other questions.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

One more basic doubt. If I create a new Model Version as "TEST" for SNP , will the changes get transferred to ECC?

Regards,

Siva Chidabaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In SNP there is an active version and an active Model that you generate. The changes you make in that Active Model-Version combination are transferred to ECC system automatically. Where as other versions don't communicate with ECC. This is the concept of versions in SNP.

But in DP, the concept of versions is a lot different. Model has no meaning there and there is nothing called an active version even though you have version 000 there. Versions are used simply as means of simulation (trying various things and comparing the results) of planning results. Even though you use 000, the changes there are not updated in ECC system real time. Really the release to SNP or ECC just happens based on the version you specify during your release or transfer processes respectively.

Hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you need further clarification.

hitaloc1971
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In SNP you can have multiple versions.

Best regards