cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert ESS DC to an older version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am on NWDS 7 SP12 NWDI 7 SP12 and trying to revert back to an older verison of ESS Address Application but after doing that now if I want to modify the older verison it does not let me do so and says first synch to the latest version first...what should I do to make changes to the older verison...?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

I've run into this problem as well. What I've had to do is to sync your project to the date you're wanting then find the files off the file system (manually through windows explorer). Copy them to another directory. Now sync your project back to the most current sources. Then check-out those files in question and replace them with the copies you'd made. In the case of the whole project you can copy the entire src folder from the old sync'd version. Once you've made the copy of the entire src folder then sync to the latest version again. Then switch to WebDynpro perspective and then choose the Navigator tab. You can now open up the project and context click on the src folder. Then choose DTR>Edit>Files in Subtree. This should allow you to check everything out in that folder in one shot. Then just replace the src folder with the one you copied ... oh yeah, one more thing is that the readonly attribute is set to true from all the copied files. You will need to change this ... its fastest to do this at the src folder level in Windows Explorer then have it apply the changes to all children. (Thats how the NWDS controls checked-in/check-out state ... using the read-only attribute)

Hope this helps.