Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare Bulk Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Gurus,

I need to compare roles between two systems.

I know we can do in SUIM, but it allows doing just one role at a time.

I want to do Mass role comparison.

Is there a Program or Tool in SAP that allows Mass Role Comparison?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sid,

If you are comparing same role across systems, you can download info from Table AGR_TIME. Assuming you transported the role, if the AGR_NAME, CHANGE_USR, CHANGE_DAT & CHANGE_TIME match across systems, the role should be identical.

As far as I know, there are no bulk compare, because this does not make sense. After each role compare, there are quite a few of data need to be analyze from the role compare result. Keep in mind that SAP role compare is looking for identical match.

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Lye

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sid,

If you are comparing same role across systems, you can download info from Table AGR_TIME. Assuming you transported the role, if the AGR_NAME, CHANGE_USR, CHANGE_DAT & CHANGE_TIME match across systems, the role should be identical.

As far as I know, there are no bulk compare, because this does not make sense. After each role compare, there are quite a few of data need to be analyze from the role compare result. Keep in mind that SAP role compare is looking for identical match.

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Lye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

As Lye says it does kind of depend on what data you are comparing, Role names for users? Role objects against the same roles in different systems? etc etc.

Tell me what you want to compare exactly, there are several AGR* and USR* tables which can probably help compile some report.

Regards

Ashley

0 Kudos

Thanks Lye and Ashley for your response.

I still did not get what i wanted to do.

We do dual maintenance. I want to compare role(s) between two systems to make sure we did not miss any role(s). I could do one by one role in SUIM but that would take lot of time for 100's of roles.

Note: I would be comparing same role but in two different systems\clients

I was wondering if there is program that does mass compare and gives you a report

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos

Sid,

I assume dual maintenance mean you are not transporting the role(s) from one system to another. You can try using the mass role download and mass role upload of role and run SUPC after upload to generate the profiles to keep them in synch.

As far as I know, SAP does not have the report you are looking for, of course you can always develop a custom report. Many of us do that all the time. We also rely on Excel & Access to supplement reports that SAP does not provide.

With the PFCG features (transport, role download & upload), I never have to compare same role across systems, because I only maintain the role once even for a Dual Maintenance landscape (Two DEV systems – Production Support & future phase for the project). We just have the business process to download the role(s) from one system to another right after update.

Hope you find your solution.

Thanks,

Lye

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got my answer

0 Kudos

Sid,

Did you have the solution to mass compare roles across systems? We are interested to learn.

Thanks,

Lye

0 Kudos

I Basically wrote a CATT script for Program "RSUSR050"