cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRPT Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our xMII server is unable to find the irpt files that I create.

IE comes up with a File not Found - 404 error.

After checking the logs I found xMII looking for the irpt files in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ rather than 😧 where xMII and inetpub are physically located.

Where did we go wrong initially @ the time of installation?

Next I looked @ -

\ServletExec AS\se-xMII\webapps\default\default-app\WEB-INF\classes\cmsconfig.xml

It has the following line -

<webroot-directory location="C:/Inetpub/wwwroot" />

May be this is a problem?

then I looked @

\ServletExec AS\se-xMII\webapps\default\Lighthammer\WEB-INF\classes\cmsconfig.xml

and found the same line

<webroot-directory location="C:/Inetpub/wwwroot" />

Maybe this is?Or is it both?

Do I now manually edit these files and restart the servlet exec to solve the issue?

We are on xMII 11.5 SR3.

Regards

Udayan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Udayan,

I don't suppose you have put your irpt's in a virtual IIS folder have you? IRPT files, since they need to be physically opened by the ReportServlet in order to do all of the SERVLET, localization, and token replacement, cannot be in a virtual path.

If you mixed up at the time of install you may have other issues (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP xMII\xMII\11.5) going forward but the C:/inetpub paths in the config files is a good place to start. The StartServletExec.bat file will also need fixed.

The system identifies the webroot and then procedes to find your irpt files from that point forward in the web page path.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy.

Will keep you (and the forum) posted on the progress.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

It works after modifying the config files and restarting the servlet exec service.

I am not sure why in the first place the root directory was pointing to C even though the StartServletExec.bat file has it pointing to D.

All's well now.

Thanks