Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BI 7.0 Bex Analyzer Excel Runtime error

Folks, I am running a report using BI 7.0 Bex analyzer and it gives me a runtime error whenever the report drilldown is to display more than say 30 K lines, whereas the same report runs without any errors with old 3.5 Bex version......in my new Bex Analyzer I have the chart option as well, so I thought its throwing an error due to that and removed it as well, but I still see the error...Heres what it exactly says:

Mircrosoft Visual C++ runtime library;

Program: C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information...

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi ram,

This is the patch detail

Microsoft fix 907417 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907417/ described by sap 'Note 1025122 - BEx Analyzer and compilation CD 1 of SAP GUI 7.10'.

Other option ( i found online may work)

Assumption: Hybrid install of Excel 2007 (Office 2003 also installed).

Trick: use the "install/uninstall" Windows panel, select the Office 2003 line, uninstall Excel 2003 then reinstall it (takes a minute, no original CD required, no restart needed with Windows XP SP2). Then, SAP data will be exported in whatever Excel is already opened, including 2007.

Obviously, it resets all Excel related registry entries. Not sure about stability mixing 2003 and 2007 though...

Hope this helps

Anand Raj

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question