cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 Bex Analyzer Excel Runtime error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks, I am running a report using BI 7.0 Bex analyzer and it gives me a runtime error whenever the report drilldown is to display more than say 30 K lines, whereas the same report runs without any errors with old 3.5 Bex version......in my new Bex Analyzer I have the chart option as well, so I thought its throwing an error due to that and removed it as well, but I still see the error...Heres what it exactly says:

Mircrosoft Visual C++ runtime library;

Program: C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the office version that u r using???

2003 or 2007??

if u are using 2003 there is MSoffice patch that needs to be applied.

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ROhit we are on 2003, I will check to see what patch is out there and if that works I will repost here, thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ram,

This is the patch detail

Microsoft fix 907417 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907417/ described by sap 'Note 1025122 - BEx Analyzer and compilation CD 1 of SAP GUI 7.10'.

Other option ( i found online may work)

Assumption: Hybrid install of Excel 2007 (Office 2003 also installed).

Trick: use the "install/uninstall" Windows panel, select the Office 2003 line, uninstall Excel 2003 then reinstall it (takes a minute, no original CD required, no restart needed with Windows XP SP2). Then, SAP data will be exported in whatever Excel is already opened, including 2007.

Obviously, it resets all Excel related registry entries. Not sure about stability mixing 2003 and 2007 though...

Hope this helps

Anand Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand for the helpful hints....

Regarding the Crirtical error itself this is what I have noticed, the newer Bex 7.0 Analyzer is utilizing a lot more memory while running and somehow when the excel output reaches about 40K lines it errors out while the old Bex 3.5 Analyzer runs ok and displays the output....Have anyone faced this error message...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone tell me what kind of a message do you get when executing a bex report in BI 7.0 New Analyzer that has an output excel more than 65K lines...

usually with the old 3.5 bex analyzer you get a message like excel limit reached, result output is incomplete and then you can see the data although part of it truncated....but what I am noticing in BI 7.0 analyzer is that once this limit is hit..it throwing out a message like Client out of memory and then gets disconneted from the BW Server without displaying any data in excel..also the memoy usage seems to be very high as well....Any possible solutions to this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram Gouda,

Are you using MS Office 2003 or 2007? 2003 can accomodate 65k records whereas 2007 can accomodate around 130k records. If you try to import records slightly more than these limit the additional rows can be truncated. whereas if you try to download very large number of records the frontend memory can run out of that.So that it can disconnect from the server.

To avoid this difficulty, download the records first into rich text format. Lateron, trasfer those onto excel selectivily. Any queries further,yes please.

regards,

A Pothumudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use excel 2003 and I am aware that it can only display 65K plus lines. But my question isnt about the capability of excel but about the behaviour of the Bex Analyzer version 7.0 as compared to the 3.5 Bex Analyzer......We are having issues with the way new 2004s Analyzer works as it is consuming a whole lot of memory resources and also giving out runtime errors while dealing with the larger data sets not necessarily data that is crossing 65K but any data that is say larger than 40K lines in general, while the 3.5 version of the tool runs without errors or issues....

I was trying to see if anyone that is using the newer tools has faced this kind of memory errors....and if so how did they handle it...I have a feeling that the newer tool has bugs in it and none of the available latest patches solves it!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

We have just upgraded to 7.0 and are experiencing the exact same problem. What did you do to solve this??

Awaiting your response...

Regards

Corinne

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe it would help.

I have recently installed MS Office Pro 2007, and I got this problem when working with BEx Analyzer 3.5 but it was after installing Visio and or MS Project.

I tried to revert this situation using System Restore, It was my first mistake, because I returned to a previous stage where there was no Office available.

Well, I managed to get my ws as before so I had to follow these steps:

1. Uninstall SAP Gui

2. Uninstall Office, which I could finally do with [Windows Installer Clean Up Utility|http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301]

3. Install Project 2007

4. Install Visio 2007

5. Install MS Office Pro2007

6. Install SAP Gui

7. Install Patches:

71. gui710_14-10002995

72. bi710sp10_1000-10004472

73. bw350gui710_6-10004473

Now everything is fine (I hope!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just run the same report from RSRT in BI 7.0 and this time it did not throw any error, so I am assuming the problem is more on the frontend in the new BI Bex Analyzer,

have any faced any errors like this related to

"Client out of memory" or "SYSTEM EXCEPTION THROWN WHILE MARSHALLING r_type_cha TO .NET TYPE" .......

What confuses me is that this same report runs ok on 3.5 Version of bex Analyzer...

Please share your ideas in case any one faced this problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just pushing this question up for someones notice....