cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP License Audit and DDIC user

Richard_Bailey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, we recently completed our first SAP License Audit and an issue came up with our DDIC user in the productive client. According to the SAP Licensing and Auditing documentation DDIC is not counted in clients 000 and 001, however we have DDIC in client 400 (our productive client) and I set it as a SAP Web AS User in the Contractual User Type. However, we should not have to pay for a standard SAP user and I was going to remove DDIC from client 400, but I see it's needed for transports.

How can I assign DDIC a user type that does not consume a SAP License?

- Regards,

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nick_fedorov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Richard.

All technical users, including SAP-internal users(SAP*, DDIC, etc...) can be classified as test users.

See <a href="http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700006284142006E">SAP System Measurement Guide</a>, page 36.

Regards,Nick.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Richard_Bailey
Explorer
0 Kudos

I saw where SAP* and DDIC would not be charged for in the System Measurement Guide, however it says that DDIC would not be measured in clients 000 and 001. Since we have DDIC in our production client (400) I was forced to assign a licensed user type during the User Measurement.

I am under the impression that DDIC is needed for transports, if the DDIC user in 000 and 001 are sufficient for this can I remove the user in production?

- Richard

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

You don't need to and should not remove DDIC and SAP* from your productive client.

As Nick mentioned already, please assign License type 'Test' to the standard users SAP*, DDIC etc in your productive client (400).

When the users are defined with 'TEST' license type, they will not be measured in System License Audit report.

Cheers !!

Satya.

PS: Points always encourage me to reply...

Richard_Bailey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrata, I could not choose Test for DDIC in production, that option was not available, that's why it got measured in the first place.

- Richard

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

You can activate the 'TEST' user type via Transaction USMM and then go to the "User Type" tab. Check the 'Activate' checkbox for 'Test' user (license type: 91).

Then you will be able to choose the 'test' license.

Cheers !!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DDIC user comes as the default user you need not have a separate license for it.

If you have the license for your system as a whole it should be okie.

regards and reward with suitable points.