cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrollbar is missing form Adobe Dropdown List.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scrollbar is missing form interactive Adobe Dropdown List. Same design is working in other system very well. What could be the reason?

Thanks.

Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i hope you are using Adobe acrobat Version 7.0.x

like 7.0.1 or 7.0.2

if not pls upgrade.

regards,

-ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rali,

How many values are bgetting populated in the dropdown node. Does it run to thousands... I think this is the issue..

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anto,

More then 3000 records are getting populated in a single DropDown list. If it is the issue then how to solve it.

Regards

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rali,

Try out with 100 records and see if the drop down is working fine.

It is adviasable to use max 250 - 300 values in a drop down. far lesser, the better.

If this is the issue, you may have to think about some customised search help options. If i am not wrong, there are no other advanced search help options provided for ISR forms.

Hope this helps,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anto,

Surprised to see the Scrollbar in dropdown list after reducing the records. I rewarded you the points.

I need to display all the records (Approx 4k) in a single DropDown list can anybody give better solution.I will reward the points.

Can Anto please give me little bit more idea about Customised Search Help?

Suggest me if there is any OSS note on it.

Thanks

Ali

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

the possible reason may be....

that as the size of the list grows the scrollbar becomes smaller and smaller....

so when you list goes into thousands.... it becomes so ... so small that you cant see it...!!!

check it out.... vary the size of the list and see the size of scrollbar vary from large to smaller and smaller as you inicrease the size of the list.

regards,

-ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rali,

I faced the same issue and posted two blogs on it. you may refer to the same.. I wont suggest it as handling too many records is not advisable in PDF forms.

Here comes the importance of Markus's blog -> <a href="/people/markus.meisl/blog/2006/12/22/a-pdf-form-or-not-a-pdf-form--that-is-the-often-the-question">The blog most miss .</a>

The basic question is - whats the need of a drop down with 4k entries. The users wont like to have a drop down of that sort. I would rather note the value down than to search for a single value, not to forget the size of the scroll bar. wat abt users prefering keys than a mouse pad??????.

On top of it, this would greatly reduce your form performance.

Hope this helps. i did the custom search help stuff, and it was preferred. Still the Form will need to refresh - which users wont prefer again.

Hope we have a better standard search help soon :(.

- anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

I am sorry that i am asking you in this way.

But because i am sure that you can help me with this.

I posted a New Thread with this question.

I have a simple question.

I created a adobe print form.

I want to print this form and we can see the pop up window where i have the choice Print and Print Preview.

I want just to push the button Print and to have my pdf form printed.

The question is.

Do i need for adobe print form to Preview first the form so as to print it than to some device?

I know that with the print button i send the xml form to ADS which convert it to pdf with the XDC file and than to the spooler where the Part pdf is printing.

I will appreciate any help.

Thank you ,

Ari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ari,

Hope you got the answer already (Dezso has already posted) in the original thread.

Thank you.

- anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rali,

Please close the thread.Also kindly update on your findings.

- anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

My Problem has been resolved by creating the customized Search Help.

Thanks again.

Ali