cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding WDDOBEFOREACTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a drop down on my screen which has an asscociated event for "OnSelect" and have some screen level checks in view method "WDDOBEFOREACTION".

When I choose any item from dropdown, the method "WDDOBEFOREACTION" triggers and throw error messages coded in it.

I want to execute the code written in associated event with dropdown, without executing the "WDDOBEFOREACTION" method. I made the event "validation independent" but it didnt helped me.

Kindly update me on the same ASAP

Regards

Vishal kapoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

In your WDDOBEFOREACTION u can get the current action name through IF_WD_VIEW_CONTROLLER~GET_CURRENT_ACTION .And for your action you can skip the code written in the WDDOBEFOREACTION .

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Anzy!! I got the action name and applied the checks accordingly.

Full points for you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member515618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Set the action type of the event handler method assigned against 'Onselect' as '1- Validation-Independent'. This will not trigger 'WDDOBEFOREACTION' when that action is performed.

When an action is created by default the action type is set to 'Standard'. For such actions, the 'WDDOBEFOREACTION' hook method is triggered by default to perform some validations. To skip these, set the action type to 'Validation-Independent'.

Please reward points if the answer is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan

I already the same thing and mentioned it in my question but it didnt worked.

I followed the way as Anzy suggested me to do in his reply and its working fine.

Thanks for responding.

Regards

Vishal Kapoor