cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to start multiple saplogon's ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to start 2 different saplogons, using .SAL files im pointing each shortcut to a different saplogon.ini. However saplogon.exe dosent allow for multiple instances running it seems ... is there a switch to allow for a second running saplogon.exe ??

Each shortcut works fine, however when one saplogon is running, trying to start the next one, in order to have 2 saplogon's running side by side, nothing happens.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kim,

yes, it is possible with using the "/ini_file=" parameter for saplogon.EXE pointing to a unique saplogon.ini.

Cheers, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SAPGUI 6.40 with citrix. We two to confiure two saplogon pad's on the citrix server. Pointing one Logon pad to one group of users and other logon pad to other group of users.

Please let me know how to use the parameter "/ini_file=" parameter for saplogon.EXE so as to have two logon pads.

Thanks,

Tanuj

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tanuj,

it's pretty easy. Just call saplogon.exe /ini_file="c:\temp\saplogon.ini" for example. And for the other saplogon.exe just choose a different ini file.

Regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Martin

Yes, but I dont believe this will allow for two running SAPlogon's each with a different INI file ?

Anyway, javaGUI will do it, so this is fine.

The real purpose of this, was to be able to view 2 INI files simoultaneously in order to merge two files into one. I think still SAP have not a tool available to merge two INI files ??

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

sure, you will have 2 running SAPLOGON.EXE afterwards. But a merge tool for 2 ini files for the WINGUI is not available, right.

Cheers, Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This trick works with PlatinGUI. You can have multiple instances of SAPLogon.

Regs,

FS