Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict particular table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

how to restrict the particular table for to accessing particular user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the values of authorization object S_TABU_DIS and the Tcodes to see tables (se16, 17, etc) for that particular user.

I hope helps,

Lean

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

This topic comes up weekly, there are detailed answers if you use the search function.

I'm sure a points seeker will copy and paste one of them for you soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the values of authorization object S_TABU_DIS and the Tcodes to see tables (se16, 17, etc) for that particular user.

I hope helps,

Lean

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many scenarios to it, i am not sure as to which scenario ur situation falls into,

1)You can use S_TABU_DIS to give access to a table (based on SU53 or trace) along with Tcode through which he needs to access that table (example SE16 SM30 there are other parameter tcodes too).

But the catch here is that you would end up giving access to all the tables in that auth group.

2)If you want to give explicit access to a particular table and no other table then move that table to a new auth group(Can be done in SE54). however this approach might not be required in all cases as all the tables in that auth group might not be critical and sensitive.

3)Third option is to create a custom parameter transaction for SE16 with that table name and assign that tcode to the user

hope this helps

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has most likely already been answered, but to restrict table access you need to give that table a unique authorization group via SUCU or SM30 (tddat), then assign this unique value to S_TABU_DIS in a role the user is assigned to. I typically like to create table display roles per module using this method and only give users the handful of tables they really need to view, the auditors like this as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure this has been answered, but to restrict access to a table, you need to give that table a unique authorization group via SUCU or SM30 (TDDAT), then assign this value in S_TABU_DIS in a role the user is assigned to.