cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Supplier Self Registration(ROS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does SRM supplier self-registration(SRM-ROS) work well with all email applications?

Meaning does is work well with computer based and web-based email applications?

With computer based email applications, does SRM-ROS only work with outlook, or does it work with others such as Groupwise and lotus notes?

With the web-based ones, is there a solution for yahoo, hotmail, gmail or any others?

Please help urgently.

Thanks in advance all you experts out there.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be more specific, only MS Outlook is supported.

You can try other mailing tools but it will be on your own.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

ROS works with whichever email client you have defined as your default mail client. It can either be outlook or lotus notes. In case you have neither, it would pick up outlook express as a mail client.

In the case of web mails, hotmail / Live is the only mail service that is supported in the case of Windows machines.

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

Thanks for your helpful answer, just one further silly question. When you mentioned

"ROS works with whichever email client you have defined as your default mail client"

Do you mean on the default mail client locally on a particular machine (computer)??

Regards'

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

there is a difference between the mail client used in sapconnect and the capability

to receive emails from the outside world.

The sapconnect function is not only for supplier registration, but also for all email

communication. To set up SAPConnect there are some restrictions mentioned.

Works best with MSOutlook. These settings are done on SRM Server and there

a default mail client is also defined.

The Business Scenario Supplier Registration works fine with any email provider

suppliers use. Like said, it can be yahoo, hotmail, etc. It does not matter, which

mail program (local or webbased) a supplier used. You just have to make sure,

that there are no firewall restrictions to receive mails from outside. This is

completely independed from the SAPConnect settings.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia

On testing with web-based email clients (yahoo, msn) to respond to supplier self registration questionnaires, the questionnaire checks for outlook(my default mail client) on my computer and uses that to send the questionnaires back into the system and not the web-based mail client.

With gmail I had to download the questionnaire locally to my machine complete it and when I submitted it checked for outlook(my default mail client) in order to send it back into the system.

All questionnaire receipt confirmations from the system also went to outlook and not to the webbased mail client.

Regards'

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If you refer to my previous post, you would see that I had said exactly the same thing. When you try to send a filled up questionnaire, the system searches for the default mail client installed i.e. Lotus Notes, MS Outlook etc. This is the case even if you are using web mails like Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail etc.It is mandatory that the local Machine needs to have a mail client configured.

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

emails are managed with SAPConnect and it works fine with all email programs

so far. SRM-ROS therefore can be used in a wide range.

Possible issues are connected to firewall restrictions and policies regarding email

providers (e.g. yahoo mail is blocked). These kind of issues need to be managed

with the IT security department.

Cheers,

Claudia